The Lounge

Navigation

What was all that about then?

La Bomba
    Lounger
    Lounger

What was all that about then?

Post by La Bomba on 20/5/2016, 15:29

I was recently talking to a friend about interesting/odd/mysterious encounters and this sequence of events cropped up. And I wonder what the lounge massive makes of it  detective

NB. 1)Sorry for all the rambling. 2)I'm very bad at facial recognition. Terrible in fact!

Ten years ago now (how the hell did that happen?!), I was at a theatre workshop as part of my teacher training. We had to work in pairs and follow the instructions of an actor (Henry Goodman if anyone's interested). As all of my mates had paired up with each other, I ended up working with a stranger who was sat next to me. He was, to be frank, drop dead gorgeous (tall, blonde, sexy dress sense) and I felt v shy working with him, especially as HG had us make direct eye contact whilst he asked Qs and we answered to our partner, revealing personal info about ourselves  Embarassed  I squirmed my way through it- my friends behind me nudging me throughout as I was single at the time and as I've mentioned, this guy was cute.

At the end of the whole squirmy affair when we were saying goodbye, this guy, who was training to be an actor, said to me, "I've really enjoyed staring into your eyes." To which I replied really red-faced, "Yeah, it's been mad. Bye!" and turned away. I remember him picking up a white non-see through plastic bag, muttering goodbye and leaving pretty fast. My mates were all for me going after him and asking him to join us for a drink but I couldn't understand why such a good looking guy would even look at me, so I didn't.

Then, about a year or so later, I was on the train from Cambridge to my parents' place. I remember seeing a tall blonde guy sat behind me on the station platform. I noticed him because he was wearing a rainbow striped jumper which I liked  gerrin  Anyway, once on the train, I got a seat in one of those small two seater parts. I was getting myself sorted when blonde guy came and sat next to me. I did think it was a bit odd as the train was fairly busy but there were other seats nearby.

We never spoke and the journey went by uneventfully, except that I remember feeling quite comfortable next to him, as if I knew him. He went to sleep at one point and I remember thinking that I could rest my head on his shoulder. I didn't though lol

Anyway, he got up to leave a few stops before mine and I noticed he had a thick plastic white bag. At that moment, he turned round and looked at me but I got really shy and looked away  Embarassed He then started walking back down the aisle to the doors but stopped, then turned round and started walking back towards me. I did try to make eye contact with him then but I was so nervous that I drank from my water bottle and kind of looked through him, iyswim. He looked embarrassed and then turned round and got off the train.

So I know this will sound daft but it was only through chatting to my friend recently that I think that train guy was in fact theatre guy. The white bag helped! I'm putting it down to being in mid darkness in the theatre that's made my facial recognition even worse  innocent

And now back to the original question, what was that all about and what do you think he was coming back to say/do on the train?  confused

Well done for making it through this rambly ramble.
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Re: What was all that about then?

Post by smartiecat on 20/5/2016, 16:39

I think he'd recognised you Bomba and was going to say so but as you acted as if you didn't he either wasn't sure or didn't want to come across like a weirdo. 

I would slipper you for wrongly feeling not good enough but clearly it's worked out well with the lovely R and E so I shall let you off gerrin
    La Bomba
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by La Bomba on 20/5/2016, 17:04

Cheers for replying, Smartie, and for your take on it. I know it´s a bit of an odd post Embarassed

Yeah but if you´d seen him, you´d get me! It´d be like Brad Pitt (or whoever is dish of the day now) fancying Waynetta Slob. Just no! lol
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 20/5/2016, 17:19

slipper Oi missy, there is nobody out there that puts you in Waynetta slob league!

I think it was the universe trying to give you a confidence boost but you weren't able to see it (which I get, I'd be the same) x
    CyberCandyGirl
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by CyberCandyGirl on 20/5/2016, 21:04

You're fabulous: never doubt yourself!slipper It's amazing how we bump into people, I agree.Spooky
    Dollyrocker
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Dollyrocker on 20/5/2016, 22:46

It does sound like he recognised you but was too shy to take that leap in case he was wrong.

Spooky though, maybe your paths will cross again in another 10 years cool

P.S I wonder what was in the bag Think
    La Bomba
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by La Bomba on 23/5/2016, 12:27

Ive realised that it wasn't a year after we first met that I saw him on the train but about 4 years after. I was getting the train to my parents as I'd just sold my car before coming to Spain.

So you don't think he was going to say something negative/critical? Like what a big nose I had or something like that Embarassed  This was quite soon after I'd been in a bar for lunch with work mates and some builders had come in and made comments about my nose. Horrible cry So I remember turning away from hot guy in case he said something similar...

As for the white bag, Dolly, who knows? Probably a few personal belongings but it'd be nice to think it was something super mysterious- the Turin Shroud, perhaps? detective lol
    Dollyrocker
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Dollyrocker on 23/5/2016, 12:48

Of course he wasn't Bomba, :slipper; for even thinking that and fuck those builders, I bet they were in no position to be criticising anyone, you are beautiful Bomba and you were beautiful 4 years ago too

I reckon the bag was like the suitcase in Pulp Fiction, if you open it you just see a golden glow lol
    Linux_Lady
    I love Mini Chedders
    I love Mini Chedders

Post by Linux_Lady on 23/5/2016, 13:30

It might have been the 'Universe' trying to get you two together, but then again, it could have been a totally different guy! I guess you'll never know?

My friend swears that the Universe has 'ways'. She has lived in the same place for about 5 years and for the last 5 years has seen this 'sexy' guy around town, completely her type, but apart from thinking 'Oh, he's really nice', didn't do anything about it.

Then she and a work colleague met the work colleagues friend for lunch and they all went out, had lunch - when she got back to her desk, the work colleagues friend had added her to Facebook and when she looked through his friends, who was his friend? The guy she had been seeing around town for the last 5 years!

Then she went on Tinder and swiped left and more left a few times, and then whose profile did she find? The guy she had been seeing around town for the last 5 years! She took a screenshot and sent it to her friend, who said 'Swipe right, swipe right!' and she did - and so did he when he saw her photo.

They've now been dating for 2 months and apparently everything is going really well gerrin Probably total coincidence, but my friend swears it's 'The Universe'
    La Bomba
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by La Bomba on 25/5/2016, 10:04

Hey Linux,

Thanks for sharing your friend's experience- that is quite a collection of 'coincidences' and I can see why she feels that it was the universe trying to put the two of them together. So fab that they're now dating and all's going well heart pop I loves me a happy ending!

My thing is more of a brief encounter or possibly two, if it was the same guy :lol that wasn't acted upon due to my feeling intimidated by him being in a totally different league to me.

And on that note, thank you for your kind comments, Dolly  :flower:  Yep those builders' comments really hurt but you're right, they weren't exactly Robert Redford, as my mil likes to say! The train encounter was about 7 years ago now as it was just before I left for Spain so a while ago...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 21/10/2017, 00:07