Navigation

Techno traumas: mobile phone

La Bomba
    Lounger
    Lounger

Techno traumas: mobile phone

Post by La Bomba on 27/4/2016, 14:00

Good afternoon loungers,

I´m having lots of difficulties with my new upgraded mobile, from a technological point of view. Firstly I can´t seem to pay the bill with the bank card I have as it doesn´t register on their system?! Secondly, the phone refuses to recharge and I can´t use it. All of which is pretty frustrating!

I´ve had a lengthy conversation (yesterday) with EE live chat and although the guy was friendly/polite, his advice wasn´t particularly useful and I still have both issues unresolved.

Any advice most welcome!

Thank you.
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Re: Techno traumas: mobile phone

Post by Nina on 27/4/2016, 14:11

If the phone won't charge then I assume it is faulty, so they should exchange/replace it for you.

With regard to the bill payment, I have no idea there. Unless you are trying to pay with a payment method (thinking AmEx or similar) that they don't accept?

What did the EE customer service person advise?
    Poggy
    Mrs Pete
    Mrs Pete

Post by Poggy on 27/4/2016, 15:13

How very annoying, Bomb!

I have no good advice, sadly, as I am bloody useless when it comes to technology! lol

Megan's phone died a couple of weeks ago, with no warning and she lost EVERYTHING...contacts, photos, texts she wanted to keep. She hadn't thought to back-up and neither would I, to be honest.
    CyberCandyGirl
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by CyberCandyGirl on 29/4/2016, 09:58

Yes, it's very important to back up your info. Technology does go wrong and you'll be devastated if you lose precious photos and the suchlike. As for your phone: it sounds faulty. I'd get a replacement. You should get this free. I do hope I've helped! detective
    La Bomba
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by La Bomba on 29/4/2016, 17:43

Yep, it's a right pita roll eyes The payment thing- apparently it's their company policy not to accept non UK cards. A policy I wasn't made aware of until I found I couldn't pay...Now they're telling me that it will go on my credit record that I'm making late payments (through no fault of my own). They say they've given me other methods to pay but those methods mean I incur bank charges which isn't fair or right, imho. So I'm stuck Suspect

With the handset issue, I've contacted the upgrade company who provided my phone, by email of course as I can't phone them roll eyes and Im waiting to hear back...

Eurgh!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 17/12/2017, 13:51