The Lounge

Navigation

Friday and into the weekend again!

Poggy
    Mrs Pete
    Mrs Pete

Friday and into the weekend again!

Post by Poggy on 21/1/2016, 21:23

Well, I have had a massively busy week and am really looking forward to not working over the weekend if I can get away with it!

What are you all up to at the weekend?
    Any exciting plans?

Mine is far less exciting than my London trip last Saturday!

Tomorrow (Friday) I am working but am taking a couple of hours out for a long lunch with Megan. It will be just the two of us. We promised that we would do this whilst she was home and we are finally getting round to it.
    We can't decide where to go but both want a cosy country pub with a real fire!!

Saturday I am designating a reading day again.
    Laundry and reading - that is all.

Sunday is quite a lazy day too and then in the evening we are going round to my sister's house for dinner.
    We are all looking forward to that. It has been ages since she has asked us to go for a meal and she is a really good cook, so it should be a nice evening.

Not a weekend to set the world on fire, but I am really looking forward to relaxing after a 100 mile an hour week. great
    Jennifer Yellow Hat
    Badger Whisperer
    Badger Whisperer

Re: Friday and into the weekend again!

Post by Jennifer Yellow Hat on 22/1/2016, 07:50

Tonight we're going to a David Bowie tribute evening, there will be live bands doing Bowie covers as well as a DJ.

Tomorrow we're staying overnight in Shrewsbury. My Mum's friend's son is having a 40th birthday party so we're taking her to that. The theme is historical fancy dress. Me and Mr Hat are going as Bonnie and Clyde. I'm eschewing historical accuracy and am channeling Faye Dunaway. Beret, scarf, tight sweater, pencil skirt, toy machine gun.
    Stru
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Stru on 22/1/2016, 08:16

Bowie tribute night and fancy dress sounds fun!

We're not doing an awful lot. Quiet one tonight and tomorrow going to a friends for dinner. They are very into their food and cooking so it should be a good evening.

Sunday - get depressed about a full week of work ahead and dodge the antiques roadshow! lol
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 22/1/2016, 10:19

I actually have no idea what we are doing this weekend! gerrin

I think we may be going to look at nursery furniture (ahead of having to go again with in-laws as they are giving us some money towards it for Christmas) but I'm not 100% sure.

I would like the weekend to involve a nice walk and maybe lunch out somewhere delicious, but I suspect the latter, at least, won't happen because Mr Neener is weight-watchering (I am trying to be supportive honest, but the hungry pregnant lady in me is finding that difficult!! lol).

Oh actually, it's Mr Neener's mum's birthday on Saturday, so we will be seeing her to drop of her pressie and try to cheer her up a bit (she's chronically anemic due to complications of her lupus and waiting for iron infusions so is, understandably, feeling like crap).

Have a lovely weekend all!
    adora
    The Explorer
    The Explorer

Post by adora on 22/1/2016, 12:49

My friend had a big exam yesterday so I said we should go out tonight to celebrate it being over and done with. I'm still not drinking though so I'm not sure what we're doing.

Tomorrow I'm meeting a different friend for coffee, want to catch up with my sister and hopefully get some Isabella time. In the evening I'm going to GC's and he's going to cook for us.

Sunday we're going to call in and see GC's gran and parents, and to have a nice walk with Fred. I've been making noises about going out for Sunday lunch but GC is in diet mode which to him means you have to eat salad until you inevitably crack and binge on everything you can get your hands on roll eyes rather than just enjoying things in moderation - including delicious Sunday dinners!
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 22/1/2016, 13:03

adora wrote:I'm still not drinking though so I'm not sure what we're doing.

How are you finding it?

adora wrote:
    I've been making noises about going out for Sunday lunch but GC is in diet mode which to him means you have to eat salad until you inevitably crack and binge on everything you can get your hands on roll eyes rather than just enjoying things in moderation - including delicious Sunday dinners!

I could've written similar about Mr Neener! He's more than happy to spend some of his WW points on cider and beer every day though, but we can't go out for a nice meal at the weekend and have some quality time, I find that really annoying.
    CyberCandyGirl
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by CyberCandyGirl on 22/1/2016, 13:50

Today [Friday]: I have been food shopping. I also had lunch with my dad. I did some cleaning this morning. I am writing a cleaning rota later: I want a clutter-free flat.great cool

Saturday: I am going to IKEA with my sister. We shall also be cooking a nice dinner!yum

Sunday: It is going to the Garden Centre and to a local cafe for a hot drink.Coffee It is my sister and I's Sunday ritual.gerrin
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 22/1/2016, 19:34

That's awful of the person who booked online Pogs unhappy

Quiet night for me tonight. Tomorrow I have a massage and facial booked, it's not a salon Ive been to before but she has a good January offer on. 

I need to buy a desk for working at home so might do some research on that and maybe start sorting out my spare room so I have somewhere to put it. I am not keen to do that though dunno
    Poggy
    Mrs Pete
    Mrs Pete

Post by Poggy on 22/1/2016, 21:40

I am glad you are treating yourself to a massage and facial, Smartie - hopefully it can de-stress you a bit.

I got my desk on ebay and it was a real bargain - but I suppose that was back in the day when Ebay was *really* good value and not full of proper shops and traders.
    Giving it more thought though, you need somewhere that can deliver really, don't you?
    I neeeeed a book shelf. We have a piddly slim one, but our house is drowning in books now and we need somewhere of decent size to store them.
    Stru
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Stru on 23/1/2016, 08:42

Sorry if I've missed this smartie but are you going to be working from home more? That would seem to me to make sense whilst your sans wheels.
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 23/1/2016, 09:20

Hi Stru, I hope to a bit just to have the option sometimes and so i can do bits at evenings when I'm really busy. My table and chairs are at a bad height though as I discovered the other day so it's really painful after an hour or so. I'm not the best at focusing at home though so I tend to avoid it as I am so easily distracted! 

So nice to have a lie in this morning, I'm just up after snoozing since 7 - even the purring fluff ball that came to join me wasn't very disruptive for once!
    adora
    The Explorer
    The Explorer

Post by adora on 23/1/2016, 12:43

Nina wrote:
    adora wrote:I'm still not drinking though so I'm not sure what we're doing.

How are you finding it?

adora wrote:
    I've been making noises about going out for Sunday lunch but GC is in diet mode which to him means you have to eat salad until you inevitably crack and binge on everything you can get your hands on roll eyes rather than just enjoying things in moderation - including delicious Sunday dinners!

I could've written similar about Mr Neener! He's more than happy to spend some of his WW points on cider and beer every day though, but we can't go out for a nice meal at the weekend and have some quality time, I find that really annoying.

I'm not minding the not drinking at all really, I quite like it!

It's annoying isn't it? GC also is happy to sink a few cans but apparently my kit Kat is unhealthy and he wouldn't have it roll eyes
    Stru
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Stru on 23/1/2016, 16:59

I am so easily distracted at home too lol Cats do not help this!!

That's good to have the option. I'm all for a bit of wfh but couldn't do it all the time, I would miss my teammates
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 25/1/2016, 11:18

adora wrote:
    It's annoying isn't it? GC also is happy to sink a few cans but apparently my kit Kat is unhealthy and he wouldn't have it roll eyes

Boys are stupid! roll eyes

Glad you are enjoying not drinking - I have to say I really don't miss it!
    Jennifer Yellow Hat
    Badger Whisperer
    Badger Whisperer

Post by Jennifer Yellow Hat on 25/1/2016, 13:17

Stru wrote:I am so easily distracted at home too lol Cats do not help this!!

That's good to have the option. I'm all for a bit of wfh but couldn't do it all the time, I would miss my teammates

I do miss my friends but it makes it more of an occasion when I do see them. The benefits way outweigh any drawbacks for me but it's not for everyone, I do think a mix of both is probably a good way to go for a lot of people.
    Fluff
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Fluff on 25/1/2016, 14:46

I adore working from home; the thought of going back to working in an office fills me with abject terror! I know it's not for everyone, though, but it's certainly for me!
    Poggy
    Mrs Pete
    Mrs Pete

Post by Poggy on 25/1/2016, 22:17

Ditto Fluff!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 21/10/2017, 00:20