The Lounge

Navigation

I have another mystery for you...

Poggy
    Mrs Pete
    Mrs Pete

I have another mystery for you...

Post by Poggy on 20/1/2016, 00:09

...this time a mobile phone text from Megan.

Here is EXACTLY what I received on Sunday...
    " Hello Mum! The vintage London thingy looked fab! Looks like you had a great time! We have had no snow here, but it is very cold. Just grabbing some brunclying, hope you're okay. I love you xxxxu when we're on the train back xxx"

Now, I know that texts can get 'broken' BUT this is EXACTLY what Megan text to me... I have the text on her phone right in front of me...
    " Hello Mum! The vintage London thingy looked fab! Looks like you had a great time! We have had no snow here, but it is very cold. Just grabbing some brunch as we had nothing to eat at Uni! Skating didn't go ahead - we just went for a meal in the end because Sam has damaged his back ... again!! unhappy Will text you when we're on the train back xxx"

How on EARTH did it miss all that extra stuff out AND, more worryingly, how did it add IN the 'hope you're okay' and the 'I love you' -when she typed nothing of the sort?!?!? eek

Can you imagine texting someone else and the phone just deciding to put in an 'I love you'???
    What if I sent a text to a client and ended up telling them I loved them.

It could get people into allllll kinds of bother!!

Anyone come across this before??
    Mrs Slurps
    Lady of Leisure
    Lady of Leisure

Re: I have another mystery for you...

Post by Mrs Slurps on 20/1/2016, 02:52

That's incredibly weird Pogster. I've not experienced that as far as I know but then I would rarely if ever see the other persons sent version on their phone. I see the word lying is in it too but not on the orginal at the end of brunch and a fair bit missing on your copy. Odd indeed.
    Jennifer Yellow Hat
    Badger Whisperer
    Badger Whisperer

Post by Jennifer Yellow Hat on 20/1/2016, 08:07

The bit about hope you're ok I love you, could that have been somehow merged from a message Megan sent to someone else, Sam probably? I have no idea how though and it is really weird. I think you need to abandon all technology Pogs! We'll have to become pen pals gerrin
    Coops
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Coops on 20/1/2016, 09:16

Yes, it happens. It usually suggests there's a glitch on your phone. I've had messages merge with others that were received aeons before and somehow get muddled up. I'd say it's nothing spookier than a software glitch.
    CyberCandyGirl
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by CyberCandyGirl on 20/1/2016, 17:44

It is very strange, but there must be a technical reason, as mentioned already. Still, it is bizarre. detective
    Poggy
    Mrs Pete
    Mrs Pete

Post by Poggy on 20/1/2016, 22:40

Ha! Yes - I think I do need to give up any technology and go back to smoke signals!

Current date/time is 28/6/2017, 13:27