The Lounge

Navigation

So what do you still need to do?

adora
    The Explorer
    The Explorer

So what do you still need to do?

Post by adora on 16/12/2015, 13:06

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, which is silly as there's only really me and fred to worry about, but I think being ill has wiped me out whilst also making everything suddenly feel like a MASSIVE DEAL ARRRRGH gah

Work wise all the kids Christmas cards and calendars are made - few days coming home with glitter in my hair/bra/everywhere but done now. We're going to do little bags of reindeer food with them I'll get that done tomorrow. Need to sort the classroom for next term.

On sat GC and I are doing our Christmas Day - his presents are bought I just need to wrap them. I also need to make a baileys chocolate cheesecake for our pud (and buy the ingredients for it).

Cranberry vodka is infusing - need to get that bottled and labelled, and make the other edible gifts - christmas rocky road and amaretto fudge. Possibly cookies as well but not sure if I'll get round to those.

All presents need wrapping and most need delivering, apart from the few I've had to post which has been done.

I've not written a single card yet. That needs doing and posting - tempting not to bother but I've bought them now.

Then I just need to drive down to my sisters on the 23rd. Need to clear the car out at some point it's chock full of crap.

Juggler
    Lounger
    Lounger

Re: So what do you still need to do?

Post by Juggler on 16/12/2015, 13:50

not done any cards, not planning on any either.

Have realised I'm ridiculously skint and will spend the rest of this month in my overdraft as I completely forgot I'd bought so much last month (plus paid a holiday, bought bedroom furniture and got my hair done) and eating out every weekend with soldier is not cheap. Any presents I have not got so far simply cannot be got as I've got birthdays to buy for too at the end of the month as well. I'm considering returning some of my gifts and re-buying something cheaper where I can.

Luckily I dont have a lot still to do. Have to tidy the house from top to bottom and get some fresh ivy and holly and pine cones in from the garden to decorate the table and mantlepiece and have to make a pavlova and buy cheese for a cheeseboard, and that's about it. Everything else should just fall into place.

Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 16/12/2015, 13:56

Blimey Ads you are being so good with all your crafty stuff! faint

We don't have much left to do. Need to post our last Christmas card on the way home today (was waiting for an address of a friend) but all my other ones are done.

We still have a few presents left to buy - we plan to do that next week as we're off work (hoping the week will be quieter than the weekend!), but the majority are done thankfully... although I think we've left the hardest ones until last unfortunately.

Still need to wrap everything! But I've got all the bits required for that, except I had a fanciful idea about attaching a candy cane to all the presents and I haven't got any candy canes yet so that might fall by the wayside if I can't find any.

Christmas decorations are up (we were supposed to do them this coming weekend) so that is one less thing to worry about.

We don't need any food in for Christmas Day as we are eating at my mums, I volunteered to cook something to take, but she told me not to worry. We'll need to pick up wine, chocolates and things though, as I hate to turn up anywhere empty-handed.

I really need to sort something out for Mr Neener though. I've got him something, but it's only small and I have no other ideas. panic
    Jellybabes
    Jellylicious
    Jellylicious

Post by Jellybabes on 16/12/2015, 14:47

Edible gifts sound amazing Ads!
    I still have to do pretty much everything as I've hardly started!! I've just had no time at all. I shall be running round like a mad thing next week!
    Fluff
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Fluff on 16/12/2015, 14:57

I'm pretty much done! The chutney is made and distributed, presents delivered to friends and family, other presents wrapped and under the tree. Asda food shop coming on 23rd with all our Christmas bits I purposely haven't taken on any work for the next few weeks so I can have a proper Christmas break (years of working in journalism have denied me of that!) so I'm much more organised than usual!
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 16/12/2015, 21:34

I'm pretty organised now. I'm fortunate in that I don't have to sort out any food stuff at all as I'm going up to my family.

I've done all my shopping (although I have massively overspent faint and am also living in my overdraft) and all presents are posted or to be given out when I get home (my SIL drove them up last weekend).

Cards are all posted, I wasn't going to do any which I say every year but I did so some to aunties etc.

I've got my train tickets already and Thomas is booked into the cattery. That's the one down side and thing I'm not looking forward to, I really don't want to put him in there so soon unhappy Hopefully he'll be ok though and not think he's been abandoned again .
    Dollyrocker
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Dollyrocker on 16/12/2015, 21:43

I have 2 more gifts to buy but they're food hampers so I'm doing that on the 22nd, I am also now cooking for 9.5 people instead of 2.5 so I need to get considerably more food than I first planned faint
    adora
    The Explorer
    The Explorer

Post by adora on 17/12/2015, 14:52

I will now be hosting a Christmas family party on the 28th - 18 adults and 7 kids, so I need to sort some food out for that, seriously considering just ordering pizzas.
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 17/12/2015, 15:01

I popped into town today to pick up something for dinner from M&S (Mr Neener is in Austria today and won't be home til late) and it was BEDLAM!

Honestly, I queued for 15 minutes to get into the multi-storey car park (bloody idiots who sit and wait for one person to leave a space, rather than just driving straight up to the more empty bit!)... this doesn't bode well for our plan to do some shopping next week!
    Stru
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Stru on 18/12/2015, 10:04

I need to wrap everything! Quite enjoy wrapping once I'm in the zone.

Then it's just bits and pieces before we go up to Yorkshire on Christmas Eve for my first Christmas with the inlaws!

Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 18/12/2015, 10:12

I find wrapping stressful these days - I have married into a family of immaculate gift-wrappers who always produce presents worthy of a shop window display. I just can't meet their standards!

I do my best though and stick to brown paper wrapping these days with pretty ribbons (I have festive twine to use this year!).

Having said that, so many people are getting vouchers from us this year that there won't be much wrapping to do, more envelope decorating!
    Stru
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Stru on 18/12/2015, 10:17

I hear you Nina. MIL is like a professional wrapper, her gifts are display worthy! I've bought her some earrings and bought a little blue and gold antler gift bag with matching paper and gift tag to wrap hers lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 17/12/2017, 13:44