Navigation

Pre-paid envelopes

Poggy
    Mrs Pete
    Mrs Pete

Pre-paid envelopes

Post by Poggy on 1/12/2015, 16:31

Odd question here, but here goes!

You know those prepaid envelopes that have a big number 1 or 2 in the corner and the address printed on?

Well, I have hundreds of them floating around my office, all with the Travel Counsellors address on, from the days when we had to send papers to them (rather than emailing now).
    We have recently moved offices from Bolton to Manchester and so these envelopes are now totally redundant.

I was just about to throw them in the bin when I suddenly wondered whether I stuck another address label over the printed address, would they still 'work' as an envelope with a first class stamp on???
    Would they still get delivered?

Mark suggested posting one to myself, which is an inspired idea that I would never have thought of roll eyes but I was wondering if any of you knew the answer anyway.

I know it is a stingy thing to ask, but because postage is so expensive - I have so many envelopes that I have about £40.00 worth of postage and don't want to throw it away if it can be utilized!!

Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Re: Pre-paid envelopes

Post by Nina on 1/12/2015, 16:51

I tried Googling it and got a range of answers! Some yes, some no.

I don't think you can use for any other address then the intended one though, as I believe they have some kind of code or identifier on that will flag if they are used for other purposes.
    Dollyrocker
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Dollyrocker on 1/12/2015, 16:51

I wouldn't have thought that would work, I believe the company is charged as they use tthe envelopes, not in advance and they would only be valid to the pre-printed address.
    Jellybabes
    Jellylicious
    Jellylicious

Post by Jellybabes on 1/12/2015, 17:46

Dolly is right, they are business reply envelopes and the company gets charged for each one http://www.royalmail.com/business/services/sending/returns/business-reply-freepost-plus
    Poggy
    Mrs Pete
    Mrs Pete

Post by Poggy on 1/12/2015, 18:06

Thank you - I knew you lovely lot would know!

Into the recycling they go! gerrin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 21/10/2017, 00:18