The Lounge

Navigation

When will you put up your Christmas Tree

smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

When will you put up your Christmas Tree

Post by smartiecat on 28/11/2015, 09:16

Banana Tree Carrying Tree Banana Tree Carrying Tree Banana Tree Carrying Tree Banana Tree Carrying Tree Banana Tree Carrying Tree Banana Tree Carrying Tree Banana Tree Carrying Tree Banana Tree Carrying Tree Banana Tree Carrying Tree Banana Tree 

Well it is nearly December gerrin  one of my pals said last night they're doing theirs on Sunday. I'm not quite there yet and often don't put one up anyway as I'm always away for the actual day but I'm quite in the Christmas vibe this year. I've got a white sort of bendy one with built in lights that I'll put up. Maybe next weekend or the one after? I'm quite intrigued to see how Thomas (cat) reacts to it although it's such early days with him he's still in the best behaviour phase.  

What are your tree plans? Do you have any traditions? Make a day of it? Have a real one etc or are you going to ignore it completely? gerrin
    Crappy
    Crap Bag
    Crap Bag

Re: When will you put up your Christmas Tree

Post by Crappy on 28/11/2015, 09:27

The people downstairs have had theirs up for a couple of weeks now.

I usually like to put it up 2 weekends before Christmas, which would be the 12th. But I'm out that night, we're both out on the Sunday evening and A is out on Friday. Could do it Saturday lady time but I like to make a night of it and have a drink together. Which means we need to do it on a week night or the 20th. I am tempted to wait until the 20th as it can be stressful with the cats.
    Honestly though, right now I'm not interested at all in having one at all. I'm sure it will change though.

kinkyboots wrote:I love Nando's, anyone who doesn't is a cunt.
    Jennifer Yellow Hat
    Badger Whisperer
    Badger Whisperer

Post by Jennifer Yellow Hat on 28/11/2015, 09:28

We don't bother. Too lazy!
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 28/11/2015, 09:42

There are some houses that I pass on the bus that have had full on crazy lights all over the houses and gardens rammed with stuff for a couple of weeks now. I caught one out the corner of my eye at first and thought it was on fire! I like passing those, cheer me up, but might be a bit much if you're living next to it and not into it!!

I'm thinking I might go with the 12th. I don't put much up as I'm also lazy gerrin  do you do any decs at all Jen?
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 28/11/2015, 10:01

We make a day of it! Growing up we used to put them up on Christmas Eve, so I really can't get my head around putting them up in November at all. We normally do them a week before Christmas, and even my mum doesn't leave it until Christmas Eve anymore. I expect this year it'll be the 19th/20th when we do it.

We get a real tree and it is always far too big for our little lounge, but that is traditional now so I don't expect it to change this year! gerrin

Love getting the decorations out and remembering where everything goes. We have quite a lot, tinsel everywhere, lights around the window in the living room and the kitchen, paper snowflakes in our front window... normally takes a day to do if you include sawing branches off of the back of the tree to make it fit! Always listen to Christmas music while we do it, I am feeling all festive just thinking about it! smile

Mrs Slurps
    Lady of Leisure
    Lady of Leisure

Post by Mrs Slurps on 28/11/2015, 10:10

Usually I put ours up on 1st December but as I'm in the UK for 3 weeks I put it up just before I left so it's there ready for my return. I am helping my mum and a couple of friends putting their trees up while I'm here gerrin Banana Tree Carrying Tree Christmas Shopping

Slurps Christmas
    GreyHare
    wabbit
    wabbit

Post by GreyHare on 28/11/2015, 10:36

I will put mine up in probably around the 12th, I have one of those sparse white jobbies for this year as I don't have much room to put one up and it has to be off the floor otherwise carnage would ensue with the dogs and cats trying to climb it, eat it, or pee up it, I didn't have one last year as I didn't feel very festive and just couldn't be arsed with christmas, so I am quite excited to do it this year.
    adora
    The Explorer
    The Explorer

Post by adora on 28/11/2015, 13:00

I've got a twiggy light thing, well one big one and one little one. I haven't had the will to put a proper tree up since mum died, the tree was always our thing we did together. This year I'm feeling like I might want a real tree again. It will have to be a little one as my house is teeny. I might do it next Sunday or the weekend after.

GC (or Scrooge McGattens as I've taken to caking him) has the tiniest little fake tree ever, like the size of a paperback book or something. He's refusing to decorate his place any more, but I fully intend to bully him into it.
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 28/11/2015, 13:27

Oh god, I hope my cat doesn't pee on it, didn't think of that! eek 

Am sure you can make GC see the error of his ways in not being more festive Ads gerrin
    Stru
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Stru on 30/11/2015, 13:11

We'll get a real tree Wednesday I think.
    I don't feel Christmassy at all yet though!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 18/8/2017, 21:11