The Lounge

Navigation

I don't like wine

Crappy
    Crap Bag
    Crap Bag

Re: I don't like wine

Post by Crappy on 2/12/2015, 10:36

Soaps - Corrie, Eastenders, Emerdale etc. Can't stand them. Everytime I accidentally catch a bit of one it's just people shouting at each other and generally being miserable. I find them really depressing. And they don't seem to change, you can catch a bit of Eastenders a year later and it's the same folk having the same argument.

I do have a Pandora bracelet and I buy my bestie charms when I can because her sister bought her a Pandora bracelet before she died suddenly and she wears it every day, so I am a bit biased towards them.
    I have Ugg style boots - Kiwi Sheepskins, they don't do that thing where you end up walking on the side of them and are generally better quality and were cheaper. I wear them as slippers as I can't wear synthetic slippers because they irritate my feet.
    I have multiple Yankee candles - but only light them one at a time, whilst having a bath filled with Lush products! I also use Lush cleanser (Ultra Bland - has no smell) and moisturiser (smells mildly of chocolate)
    I LOVE Greys! I don't think I've ever watched it and not cried lol

kinkyboots wrote:I love Nando's, anyone who doesn't is a cunt.
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 2/12/2015, 11:01

God yes, soaps - hate them! My ex-flatmate used to watch them all and you do get sucked in. I can't even tolerate them on the tv for even a few minutes now (except Emmerdale - my Dad watches it and I find it bearable). Eastenders in particular is overwhelming with shouting and misery.

Do you find the shops for yankee candles/lush products ok crappy? I like their actual products (one at a time!) but it's the shops I can't deal with. I have to do a big skirt round of the lush shop in particular as I find all the smells overwhelming. I am a very headache-y person though so probably very sensitive to it!

Actually, I think I'm just hypersensitive to everything gerrin Loud noise, bright lights, strong smells etc, all do my head in. I really am made to be a complete anti-social loner living in a hut in the hills!
    La Bomba
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by La Bomba on 2/12/2015, 11:13

smartiecat wrote:

Actually, I think I'm just hypersensitive to everything gerrin  Loud noise, bright lights, strong smells etc, all do my head in.  I really am made to be a complete anti-social loner living in a hut in the hills!  

That describes me really well too gerrin
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 2/12/2015, 11:18

La Bomba wrote:
    smartiecat wrote:

Actually, I think I'm just hypersensitive to everything gerrin  Loud noise, bright lights, strong smells etc, all do my head in.  I really am made to be a complete anti-social loner living in a hut in the hills!  

That describes me really well too gerrin

And me! High Five
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 2/12/2015, 11:34

Let's start a little community of huts (suitable distance apart of course wink ) gerrin
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 2/12/2015, 12:35

smartiecat wrote:Let's start a little community of huts (suitable distance apart of course wink ) gerrin

So not within viewing distance of each other then? lol
    La Bomba
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by La Bomba on 2/12/2015, 12:56

Funnily enough, I was having a similar conversation at the weekend about a time-share for a luxury hut with Bernard black on fb lol
    Juggler
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Juggler on 2/12/2015, 13:15

oh yeah soaps, I don't get the point of soaps. (the TV ones, not the ones for cleaning your bits with) lol

and krispy creme donuts. aren't they just crap versions of normal donuts but with too much sticky sugary goo on the top? possibly also relates to the American food thing of smothering things with other gooey things just because you can. dunno

and Iphones. I got sent one to use as my work phone and I dont get the hype, it's just a phone, it does exactly what my old non iphone phone did and it doesn't do it any better?? confused people actually pay hundreds of pounds for one of these?? it's just a phone. detective
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 2/12/2015, 14:03

Donuts (or is it doughnuts?) full stop for me. They ming. We bring in cakes at work when it's our birthday for everyone to share and there are a few people who bring donuts instead of cakes. I am always most put out flounce as they're blooming horrible, I just don't get them at all.
    Jellybabes
    Jellylicious
    Jellylicious

Post by Jellybabes on 2/12/2015, 14:20

smartiecat wrote:
    Do you find the shops for yankee candles/lush products ok crappy?  I like their actual products (one at a time!) but it's the shops I can't deal with.  I have to do a big skirt round of the lush shop in particular as I find all the smells overwhelming.  I am a very headache-y person though so probably very sensitive to it! 
    I'm the same Smartie, I quite like some of the lush products on an individual basis, I just find the shop overwhelming with the mixture of scents.

Juggler wrote:
    and Iphones. I got sent one to use as my work phone and I dont get the hype, it's just a phone, it does exactly what my old non iphone phone did and it doesn't do it any better?? confused people actually pay hundreds of pounds for one of these?? it's just a phone. detective
    See I do love my iphone, but that's just because I find it much easier to use than an android one and I'm no good at technology, but I got it free, don't think I'd pay lots for one!
    Ivana Mojito
    At least I didn't shart!
    At least I didn't shart!

Post by Ivana Mojito on 2/12/2015, 17:26

Rice Crispies, Cinnamon, Gin, contouring (seriously, who the fuck has time to do this shit?), Winter, Coldplay, Snapchat, TV soaps... I could go on and on.

And Santa Claus is a prick.

Edna
    Edna

Post by Willis on 2/12/2015, 20:54

My bathroom smells like the lush shop because I love it. I can't use it as for some unknown reason I am allergic to it dunno
    But J buys me a massive box so I can restock the smell every week.

xx
    adora
    The Explorer
    The Explorer

Post by adora on 2/12/2015, 23:41

Stru wrote:Adora - with you on films. I either get too drawn in and involved and end up feeling stressed, crying, emotional, exhausted etc, or I'm bored and don't really care. It's taken me a while to come to terms with not being nuts about films too but I'm there. Give me a book anyday.

Hmmm other dislikes. There must be loads but I can't think of any lol

Yes, this is exactly me. I either get too involved and upset, or I get bored after ten seconds as I can either already predict the ending or just don't care enough.

I went to see Skyfall today, I did mostly like that but I would have liked approximately 40 minutes less of it better. I did check out for a bit in the middle. Also GC wanted to go to the IMAX one and woah that was loud and big and just unnecessarily so. The volume in particular l could feel the reverb in my chest and it was uncomfortable. And the colours were so bright. Too much film all round really.

The whole 3D thing in general, I'm happy to consume my visual media in 2D thanks, it works fine. Though you don't see so much of it now do you? Was it a passing fad?
    La Bomba
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by La Bomba on 3/12/2015, 08:01

I saw Gravity in 3D and it proper freaked me out. I was so tense and anxious that I hardly absorbed or enjoyed the film loser
    Poggy
    Mrs Pete
    Mrs Pete

Post by Poggy on 3/12/2015, 11:12

Ivana Tinsel wrote:Rice Crispies, Cinnamon, Gin, contouring (seriously, who the fuck has time to do this shit?), Winter, Coldplay, Snapchat, TV soaps... I could go on and on.

And Santa Claus is a prick.

TOTALLY with you on the contouring Ivana! I watched a You Tube video and got bored of all the shading and blending! Even when I go *out* out, then I would never be bothered to make so much effort!

adora wrote:
    Stru wrote:Adora - with you on films. I either get too drawn in and involved and end up feeling stressed, crying, emotional, exhausted etc, or I'm bored and don't really care. It's taken me a while to come to terms with not being nuts about films too but I'm there. Give me a book anyday.

Hmmm other dislikes. There must be loads but I can't think of any lol

Yes, this is exactly me. I either get too involved and upset, or I get bored after ten seconds as I can either already predict the ending or just don't care enough.

I went to see Skyfall today, I did mostly like that but I would have liked approximately 40 minutes less of it better. I did check out for a bit in the middle. Also GC wanted to go to the IMAX one and woah that was loud and big and just unnecessarily so. The volume in particular l could feel the reverb in my chest and it was uncomfortable. And the colours were so bright. Too much film all round really.

The whole 3D thing in general, I'm happy to consume my visual media in 2D thanks, it works fine. Though you don't see so much of it now do you? Was it a passing fad?

I was saying this to Mark the other day. We went to see Mockingjay in our normal little cinema and that was big enough and loud enough for me.
    I don't 'get' the IMAX/Multiplex appeal either. Friends from here travel about 25 miles to go to a multiplex - which I don't understand because you can still only watch one film at a time!!
    I have only been to an IMAX once and I felt just like you Ads!

La Bomba wrote:I saw Gravity in 3D and it proper freaked me out. I was so tense and anxious that I hardly absorbed or enjoyed the film loser

I can totally understand this Bomb.
    We saw it in 2D on our TV and it made me feel quite queasy - if I had watched it in 3D I am sure I would have been sick!
    (In fact, Megan *was* sick whilst watching it, but only because she had a tummy bug! lol )

Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 3/12/2015, 11:38

I hate 3D films, I really hope it is a passing phase. We often end up having to go to the cinema at really obscure times to avoid seeing films in 3D.

The only film I thought was worth seeing in 3D was Avatar, but that's because the 3D was used to effectively, and not as a bloody gimmick.
    Poggy
    Mrs Pete
    Mrs Pete

Post by Poggy on 3/12/2015, 11:49

I can't see 3D films - I have to use the glasses so that I don't get that blurry effect, but it is all lost on me because of my eyes/contact lenses etc - so it is a waste of money for me to even bother!!
    Juggler
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Juggler on 3/12/2015, 11:56

I cant really watch films at all, well not at the cinema due to the laser surgery I had on my eyes. Watching any film in a dark room just means I get glare, shadows and lens flare so cant see a damned thing, regardless whether it's in 3D or 2D. Also films are too long. Even good films only really hold my attention for about an hour. I cant sit still long enough.

also clogs/croks seriously....why???
    GreyHare
    wabbit
    wabbit

Post by GreyHare on 3/12/2015, 12:05

I haven't been to the cinema since watching the last Lord of the Rings film as the volume of the sound makes me feel nauseous and that is just in a little cinema, I think I would melt into a puddle of goo in an Imax, I have also never seen a 3d film.

I have Crocs Embarassed but in my defence they are purely winter garden shoes and would never be worn out but they are ridiculously comfy Embarassed
    adora
    The Explorer
    The Explorer

Post by adora on 3/12/2015, 17:22

I have these crocs http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crocs-Huarache-Flat-Womens-Sandals/dp/B008KZE9V8/ref=sr_1_2?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1449163166&sr=1-2&keywords=crocs+huarache+flat+sandals

I got them for Greece holiday when there's lots of walking up hills/across pebbly beaches etc. but I got them early in May for Egypt holiday too, and basically they were only off my feet for showering and sleeping for the entire summer, into autumn and I still haven't totally given them up now even though it's freezing.

They are the comfiest and more practical footwear I have ever owned, I just try not to think about the fact they're crocs gerrin
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 3/12/2015, 18:11

I hate crocs too but I have eyed up those sandals you've got Ads, I might get some next summer!

I also hate 3D films and just don't get the point. That also reminds me that I hate all things Disney too, I really don't get why it's so popular.
    Fluff
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Fluff on 3/12/2015, 18:14

I have Croc flipflops and they are majorly comfy!
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 3/12/2015, 20:00

I too have been eyeing up those croc sandals for aaaaages now, I really love the multi-coloured ones.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 21/10/2017, 00:16