The Lounge

Navigation

I don't like wine

Jellybabes
    Jellylicious
    Jellylicious

Re: I don't like wine

Post by Jellybabes on 28/11/2015, 16:04

I'm very sorry if I've offended anyone. I really didn't mean to, was just saying what I personally don't really like or understand but didn't mean it as a criticism of anyone who does.

See I love baths Bomba but when it starts to go cold I top it up with more hot water so it stays nice and toasty Embarassed

I've really tried to like porridge as I know it's really good for you but I just can't. It just tastes of nothing's sludge to me. And I don't like milk either but I blame that on being forced to drink it at school!
    Fluff
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Fluff on 28/11/2015, 16:05

La Bomba wrote:Having a bath. I love the thought & the preparation but then I get in, the water goes cold quickly and ?I'm all uncomfy and want to get out. I clearly need a bigger bath! ner ner

Yes, THIS. I have it in my head how wonderful it would be with a glass of wine, candles, and a book, but the reality is I'm in there for about 10 mins and being stared at by a cat. Our bath is pretty big, so I think I'm maybe just not a bath person unhappy
    La Bomba
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by La Bomba on 28/11/2015, 16:14

Jellybabes wrote:
    See I love baths Bomba but when it starts to go cold I top it up with more hot water so it stays nice and toasty Embarassed
    !

I do that too, Jelly, but the hot, toasty feeling lasts for a minute max and then I'm all uncomfy again tantrum
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 28/11/2015, 18:04

I used to love baths in my teens/very early 20s. I hate them now though, find them so boring and give up after 10 mins max. So am not in the slightest bit bothered that I can't have them anymore!
    Poggy
    Mrs Pete
    Mrs Pete

Post by Poggy on 28/11/2015, 18:19

Turkey Fluffing wrote:
    La Bomba wrote:Having a bath. I love the thought & the preparation but then I get in, the water goes cold quickly and ?I'm all uncomfy and want to get out. I clearly need a bigger bath! ner ner

Yes, THIS. I have it in my head how wonderful it would be with a glass of wine, candles, and a book, but the reality is I'm in there for about 10 mins and being stared at by a cat. Our bath is pretty big, so I think I'm maybe just not a bath person unhappy

Ha!
    I am the same with a bath.
    I have tried to read in there, but I just keep slipping down, can't find a comfy position for my head and the top part of me gets cold as it is not under the water.
    We are thinking of swapping our bath for a big double shower and if we did, I am sure I wouldn't hanker after a bath.
    I haven't had one for about 5 years, so it is not a frequent event!

smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 28/11/2015, 18:54

Palma wrote:I didn't think that was in any way aimed at someone here that might wear Uggs. I wouldn't have a clue who wears them anyway. As to the epithet, it would have been the same if I had referred to those unnaturally stencilled, rigid eyebrows as 'Scouse brows'. Had I done so it would have been in the same vein as Nina's 'slag wellies'. Just using the vernacular.

Me neither. I don't much like that turn of phrase but wasn't offended by it being used (and I do actually have a pair gerrin ) .

I think Scousers describe them as Scouse Brows. I personally don't like them and would never wear make up like that, however I'm also pretty sure that those who do would be horrified at my lack of make up and would wonder how I could go about looking the way I do gerrin horses for courses really.

Poggy wrote: We are thinking of swapping our bath for a big double shower and if we did, I am sure I wouldn't hanker after a bath.

I keep thinking about getting rid of my bath and having a walk in shower, I worry about it taking some value off my house, but more and more folk seem to think the same way, maybe I need to reconsider it Think
    GreyHare
    wabbit
    wabbit

Post by GreyHare on 28/11/2015, 20:09

I not keen on baths, but I hate our bath as its long (not that I'm too short dunno ) and it hasn't got any handles or shaping, so I can't lay in it as I would drown, but I only tend to have a bath if I'm feeling proper poorly with achy limbs, but I can't ever relax in there as the cats will sit and dabble in the bubbles and the dogs just sit and watch me like little freaky weirdos.
    Palma
    Trubshaw
    Trubshaw

Post by Palma on 28/11/2015, 20:28

Well, if so many people prefer the shower to the bath [add me] then the bath is no longer a 'popular item' and does not belong in this thread. flounce

Keep going. I think there's a book in this. cool
    La Bomba
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by La Bomba on 28/11/2015, 22:18

I'm with you, Greyhare, I have baths when I'm poorly and feel all shivery and achey. Then they're ok.
    Mrs Slurps
    Lady of Leisure
    Lady of Leisure

Post by Mrs Slurps on 28/11/2015, 23:10

I didn't want to call the name out because I don't want to be accused of picking on anyone and there would be a row and I really can't be bothered rowing on my lovely holiday gerrin

It wasn't the Pandora although I absolutely love it and it is not just charms but necklaces , earrings, rings, pendants and I have thousands of pounds worth of it  lol
    I have had Uggs but no longer as obviously the whole animal thing and I did I fact cackle at slag
    Wellies rofl   I have pencilled in but not drawn on brows. I have 6 tattoos , 5 of which I love, one a Clint tribute I couldn't give a fuck if someone doesn't have tattoos so why they feel the need to be so judgemental towards people that have I have no idea.

I dislike Juicy Couture clothing especially tracksuits worn with "slag wellies" and bad eyelash extensions or worse, strip lashes applied badly so you can see the glue .

Last edited by Mrs Slurpsmas on 28/11/2015, 23:16; edited 2 times in total
    Mrs Slurps
    Lady of Leisure
    Lady of Leisure

Post by Mrs Slurps on 28/11/2015, 23:12

La Bomba wrote:I'm with you, Greyhare, I have baths when I'm poorly and feel all shivery and achey. Then they're ok.

I LOVE a good hot bath! Ours is soooo tiny and shallow in Bermuda that we just shower so when we are in hotels I always have a good soak. I'm going to have lots here at my parents and my best friends house when I sleep over because her bath is mahoosive gerrin
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 1/12/2015, 09:44

I can take or leave a bath - but I have to be in the mood for it. Ours isn't very comfortable so I tend to feel wrong lying down in the bath, which reduces the enjoyment factor somewhat I find.

My in-laws have a big kind of "tear-shaped" bath and it's so deep - I love it.

I've thought of another - I'm a bit odd in that I can take or leave perfume - it's not so much that I don't like it, it's just one of those things I am not that fussed about. I'll wear it occasionally for an evening out, but not every day. I actually find too much perfume makes me feel sick. I work with a couple of people (one man, one woman) and you can smell them coming a mile off, and you can always tell when they've been somewhere, as the fragrance they both wear lingers in the air for ages. I would find that completely overpowering, personally.
    Also I struggle to choose perfume because the smell of the perfume section makes me feel unwell!
    adora
    The Explorer
    The Explorer

Post by adora on 1/12/2015, 11:16

I like a bath now and then, not a regular thing but now and then. My bath is too small really, but at my sister's she has a her life converted into this amazing master suite with a fabulous bathroom so I always have a bath in there when I stay.

I don't like anyone touching my feet so a foot rub/ pedicure is out for me. I always hated the idea of massage in general, but had a really good one in Egypt after my friend persuaded me. Tried to recreate the experience in tenerife last time though and it was positively traumatic, I hated it, so I guess massage is off the list for me too.
    Poggy
    Mrs Pete
    Mrs Pete

Post by Poggy on 1/12/2015, 13:03

Ninativity wrote:I can take or leave a bath - but I have to be in the mood for it. Ours isn't very comfortable so I tend to feel wrong lying down in the bath, which reduces the enjoyment factor somewhat I find.

My in-laws have a big kind of "tear-shaped" bath and it's so deep - I love it.

I've thought of another - I'm a bit odd in that I can take or leave perfume - it's not so much that I don't like it, it's just one of those things I am not that fussed about. I'll wear it occasionally for an evening out, but not every day. I actually find too much perfume makes me feel sick. I work with a couple of people (one man, one woman) and you can smell them coming a mile off, and you can always tell when they've been somewhere, as the fragrance they both wear lingers in the air for ages. I would find that completely overpowering, personally.
    Also I struggle to choose perfume because the smell of the perfume section makes me feel unwell!

I'm in total agreement, Neens. smile

I will only put perfume on if I go out and then I forget half the time!

I used to wear it when I worked in the Travel Agency and the girls always associate CKOne with me going to work on a Friday and Saturday -years ago - when they smell it!

Like you, really heavy perfumes instantly give me a 'sicky' headache and I hate it when you go on a plane and half the women have been squiriting themselves in Duty Free - that makes me feel rough for the whole flight!
    adora
    The Explorer
    The Explorer

Post by adora on 1/12/2015, 13:13

I'm like that with Yankee candles or lush. One candle/product is fine but I make a point of never walking past either shop in the trafford centre because they give me a real headache.

Also subway - don't get the appeal and the smell of the place makes me sick.

American food in general - for all they like to mock British cooking over there, I found the vast majority of stuff over there rank Yuck Diner type food, things smothered in other things (melted cheese, bbq sauce, chipotle etc etc) is so not my thing. Choose 1 or 2 flavours and do them well -,just because you *can* fit another 3 ingredients on, really doesn't mean you *should* and 'goo' is not a texture I enjoy.
    Poggy
    Mrs Pete
    Mrs Pete

Post by Poggy on 1/12/2015, 16:19

Embarassed I quite like the smell of Subway! I have only ever had two in my life though, but I instantly recognize the smell.

Uggh...I know what you mean about American cooking.
    To be blunt, I don't think they can cook very well (eating out, I mean, not home cooking) , don't seem to have any imagination and tend to go for quantity over quality. Maybe I am generalizing and I am *sure* there must be good restaurants, but this is the overall impression I get!
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 1/12/2015, 16:31

Poggy wrote:Embarassed I quite like the smell of Subway! I have only ever had two in my life though, but I instantly recognize the smell.

Uggh...I know what you mean about American cooking.
    To be blunt, I don't think they can cook very well (eating out, I mean, not home cooking) , don't seem to have any imagination and tend to go for quantity over quality. Maybe I am generalizing and I am *sure* there must be good restaurants, but this is the overall impression I get!

I've only ever had one Subway in my life - and it was while I was in America! lol

I have to say, I quite liked American food - but as a novelty, I'm not sure I'd cope with it all the time. I love a good chilli dog, some American BBQ, or a proper deli sandwich (not subway!)... ooh and I had a 'Chicago style' hot dog (in Chicago, duh!) and it was BLOODY amazing. Ditto proper Chicago-style pizza.

It does get a bit much though, definitely. By the end of our holiday I was desperate for a salad and eating a lot of oatmeal for breakfast. lol

To stand up for America - we did have some "proper" cooking that was on a par, if not better, than a really good restaurant in the UK - one in New York and another in a tiny restaurant in West Virginia. We also had a very, very good steak in Washington.

I have to say, their cocktails knock ours out of the park!
    Poggy
    Mrs Pete
    Mrs Pete

Post by Poggy on 1/12/2015, 17:25

Zayna has just posted this on FB.

I think I may have changed my mind about baths... faint

Jellybabes
    Jellylicious
    Jellylicious

Post by Jellybabes on 1/12/2015, 17:37

Poggy wrote:Zayna has just posted this on FB.

I think I may have changed my mind about baths... faint

Oh my god!!! I want it!!!
    Poggy
    Mrs Pete
    Mrs Pete

Post by Poggy on 1/12/2015, 18:08

it is gorgeous, isn't it?!

Mind you, I would probably have one of my 'Tropical Moments' and what with the hot water AND the fire, I would be close to expiring!!
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 1/12/2015, 18:54

adora wrote:I'm like that with Yankee candles or lush. One candle/product is fine but I make a point of never walking past either shop in the trafford centre because they give me a real headache.

God yes, Lush especially Yuck
    Jellybabes
    Jellylicious
    Jellylicious

Post by Jellybabes on 1/12/2015, 19:49

Had to google Yankee Candles, thankfully there's none of them near me because if they smell anything like Lush I wouldn't be able to cope!! It just gives me a headache.

Fine with most other perfumes though, although I can totally understand how people might find them bad.
    Stru
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Stru on 1/12/2015, 21:58

Adora - with you on films. I either get too drawn in and involved and end up feeling stressed, crying, emotional, exhausted etc, or I'm bored and don't really care. It's taken me a while to come to terms with not being nuts about films too but I'm there. Give me a book anyday.

Hmmm other dislikes. There must be loads but I can't think of any lol
    La Bomba
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by La Bomba on 2/12/2015, 07:18

Here's another I just don't get all the fuss about. And God knows I've tried so hard with this one:

Grey's Anatomy.

I mean, wtf?! It's interchangeable dramaramas with interchangeable characters every single episode. And after the 5th "most massive dramatic event ever" in one episode, I find myself like meh
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 2/12/2015, 09:33

Ah, that's one I do like Bomba! I know what you mean and it's totally ott and daft, but I still like like it gerrin Think I'm just a sucker for a hospital drama.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 18/8/2017, 20:56