The Lounge

Navigation

I don't like wine

Fluff
    Lounger
    Lounger

Re: I don't like wine

Post by Fluff on 27/11/2015, 00:16

See I'd quite like the idea of a spa day, but I think I'd be too embarrassed about the whole scenario to really enjoy it.

I don't like Game of Thrones. I did watch series one, but lost interest after Sean Bean departed. I also refuse to watch Breaking Bad because people kept going on about it, and it's now become a quote thing quote Also they're too serious for me.
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 27/11/2015, 07:39

I like spas too and love a massage. I prefer not wandering about in a dressing gown (still scarred from getting lost by myself in one in a Turkish resort and being a complete twit. At least I amused the staff Embarassed  ).

I'm quite funny about food too - dolly you are correct salad in sandwiches is a complete no no. I actually don't like mixing good much (I eat like s child really) although I am getting more adventurous in my old age.
    Juggler
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Juggler on 27/11/2015, 08:25

oh I have total food rules which must be followed, but they are the sort of rules that only I can ever possibly really know, such as never eating the crusts on toast or sandwiches or always leaving the last 1/2 inch of any drink undrunk.

spa days confuse me, I don't *not* like the idea, I've never been on one, but I used to go for sports massages regularly as necessity not as fun and I go in the jaccuzzi and sauna at the local gym almost every night of the week so it really doesnt sound like a spa would be anything special?? does that make sense?

I don't like going shopping with other people, the idea of a 'girly day' to the shops does nothing for me. As for 'shopping trip with a boyfriend' really, I'd much rather not. I'm a tiger, not a wolf. I'm a solo hunter. I like to target my prey alone, be it shoes or a really cute dress or a sandwich. I don't hunt in a pack.

I also don't think I like dating. Its not that much fun. lol
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 27/11/2015, 09:31

I'm torn on the spa day thing - I like beauty/relaxing treatments (although seldom have them!), but I think having to do it with other people and make it a social event would spoil it for me. lol

Slurps, I really hope nothing I said offended you. unhappy

La Bomba
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by La Bomba on 27/11/2015, 09:35

Mrs Slurpsmas wrote:Was going to write mine but I'm amazed at the rudeness, by all means write your dislikes but really, some are just fucking rude.

You alright, Slurps?

I get you, some I've been a bit taken aback by but I guess when people are writing their dislikes, that dislike really comes across dunno

By the by, another one I've thought of is celeb worship. I just cannot be arsed with it & don't know or care who the bestest celebs are right now or who's cheating on who. Snoredom!
    Juggler
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Juggler on 27/11/2015, 11:18

starwars
    Fluff
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Fluff on 27/11/2015, 12:40

Argh Slurps,  I accidently negged your post on my phone and I can't take it back! Sorry unhappy stupid thumbs x
    Poggy
    Mrs Pete
    Mrs Pete

Post by Poggy on 27/11/2015, 13:55

Turkey Fluffing wrote:See I'd quite like the idea of a spa day, but I think I'd be too embarrassed about the whole scenario to really enjoy it.

I don't like Game of Thrones. I did watch series one, but lost interest after Sean Bean departed. I also refuse to watch Breaking Bad because people kept going on about it, and it's now become a quote thing quote Also they're too serious for me.

Ah yes - there's another!
    Breaking Bad!

I didn't watch it at the time of the hype but tried it some time after. I just couldn't get into it, but people kept saying to stick with it. So I went back to it a few months later and *still* didn't like it, so have given up on it completely. I just didn't see what all the fuss was about.

Oh and I never got into Game of Thrones, but had I known Sean's Beans were in it, I may have taken more notice!!! wink
    Crappy
    Crap Bag
    Crap Bag

Post by Crappy on 27/11/2015, 19:15

Mrs Slurpsmas wrote:Was going to write mine but I'm amazed at the rudeness, by all means write your dislikes but really, some are just fucking rude.

Glad someone said it.

There is a way of expressing your dislike of something without being rude about something you know that these people do like - given it's a thread about popular things you dislike.
    Feels like it's been taken as an excuse for passive aggressive rudeness/nastiness.

Anyway, some popular things I dislike include Strictly Come Dancing, UK Masterchef, dogs (I'm scared of them and I'm just a cat person), and peas (would like to but they give me the boak)

kinkyboots wrote:I love Nando's, anyone who doesn't is a cunt.
    Ironic lettuce
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Ironic lettuce on 27/11/2015, 19:21

I'd like to add to Breaking Bad, with The Wire. Everytime I told people I loved The Sopranos they'd always tell me I'd love The Wire, so I eventually sat and watched it, but just found it pretty boring to be honest. Not for me! smile
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 27/11/2015, 19:49

Lost! Didn't get the appeal at all.

Also cats.
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 27/11/2015, 20:02

Oh and Instagram, I don't understand how it works at all!
    Willis
    Edna
    Edna

Post by Willis on 27/11/2015, 20:51

I don't like wine it tastes vile.
    Don't like beer, lager or the like.
    I don't like fruit or veg or any food,sweets etc that are green. I don't eat bread crusts and pick most of the things out of sandwiches. I hate tomatoes but love tomato pips!!
    I hate x-factor, strictly and the like, breaking bad did my head in as everyone in this house was glued!

I don't like uggs as they look like I'd melt, I also don't like clothes that look like they keep you warm as I worry I'll overheat... I am odd gerrin

xx

Poggy
    Mrs Pete
    Mrs Pete

Post by Poggy on 27/11/2015, 23:35

Willis wrote:

I don't like uggs as they look like I'd melt, I also don't like clothes that look like they keep you warm as I worry I'll overheat... I am odd  gerrin

xx

If you are odd, then so am I!
    Just at the moment, I keep looking at people wrapped up with bobble hats, gloves and scarves and think ' Oh my God, why aren't you melting'...as I walk past in my vest top!

I know it is *me* and not them, but right now, I need light clothes and layers so that I can take them off as I start to overheat!
    Ironic lettuce
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Ironic lettuce on 28/11/2015, 00:12

Crappy wrote:dogs (I'm scared of them and I'm just a cat person)

Oooh you and I are the exact opposites! I'm such a dog person that if I meet a group of people and one of them has a dog, I prefer to play with the dog than talk to the people!! And it's not that I don't like cats, I'm just really wary of them. My Aunt's cat scratched me really badly when I was wee, and I think it's scarred me for life!!  dunno

Crappy wrote:UK Masterchef

You may not like Masterchef, but do you like the buttery biscuit base?

Palma
    Trubshaw
    Trubshaw

Post by Palma on 28/11/2015, 00:32

Try as I might I don't see any rudeness or passive-aggression here. If any of my own posts have been taken this way then you're taking them wrongly. Certainly no intention.

Yes to Star Wars as a disliked popular item, also for me chick flicks and chick lit [dislike those labels too].

Facebook. shake head
    Crappy
    Crap Bag
    Crap Bag

Post by Crappy on 28/11/2015, 08:58

Nothing you've said Palma as you've simply said things you don't like that are popular without insulting people who may like those things.

Anyone who knows me (granted there probably aren't many people here now who do) knows I'm not the type to get offended for the sake of being offended. It just felt like an excuse for a couple of people to get a few rude comments in. I guess like Bomb said, I was also a bit taken aback by some comments.

Crappy
    Crap Bag
    Crap Bag

Post by Crappy on 28/11/2015, 09:04

Ironic lettuce wrote:
    Crappy wrote:dogs (I'm scared of them and I'm just a cat person)

Oooh you and I are the exact opposites! I'm such a dog person that if I meet a group of people and one of them has a dog, I prefer to play with the dog than talk to the people!! And it's not that I don't like cats, I'm just really wary of them. My Aunt's cat scratched me really badly when I was wee, and I think it's scarred me for life!!  dunno

Crappy wrote:UK Masterchef

You may not like Masterchef, but do you like the buttery biscuit base?

Haha! Yeah I'm the person looking for the cats when I visit people! If the cat likes me I really feel an enormous sense of achievement. gerrin

However if they have a dog that wants to sniff and lick me I may ask that it not be in a different room. I also put my cats out if people are round who don't like them. Also Jeff is a total arsehole to other people these days. He snuggles with me and A though and even sometimes snuggles with Elly.

Butter biscuit base makes Masterchef totally worthwhile! We were out at a pop up restaurant last week and some of us had the cheesecake - but it had no base and I was trying to make butter biscuit base jokes but no one got it gah

Mrs Slurps
    Lady of Leisure
    Lady of Leisure

Post by Mrs Slurps on 28/11/2015, 10:26

Turkey Fluffing wrote:Argh Slurps,  I accidently negged your post on my phone and I can't take it back! Sorry unhappy stupid thumbs x

gerrin no worries easily done.

Crappy wrote:

Glad someone said it.

There is a way of expressing your dislike of something without being rude about something you know that these people do like - given it's a thread about popular things you dislike.
    Feels like it's been taken as an excuse for passive aggressive rudeness/nastiness.

That's exactly what I saw in it Crappy

Crappy wrote:Nothing you've said Palma as you've simply said things you don't like that are popular without insulting people who may like those things.

Anyone who knows me (granted there probably aren't many people here now who do) knows I'm not the type to get offended for the sake of being offended. It just felt like an excuse for a couple of people to get a few rude comments in. I guess like Bomb said, I was also a bit taken aback by some comments.

This too and nope not you Palma gerrin
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 28/11/2015, 11:00

I've gone back and re-read my posts and the only thing I can think of that could have been seen as rude is referring to Ugg boots as 'slag wellies'. Very sorry if this offended anyone or was seen as rude or PA. Absolutely 100% wasn't intended as such, I saw them referred as such somewhere else and for some reason it tickled me. However I hope it goes without saying I don't think anyone who wears or likes Ugg boots is a slag (a word I generally really dislike).

Sorry.
    Ironic lettuce
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Ironic lettuce on 28/11/2015, 11:11

Crappy wrote:
    Butter biscuit base makes Masterchef totally worthwhile! We were out at a pop up restaurant last week and some of us had the cheesecake - but it had no base and I was trying to make butter biscuit base jokes but no one got it gah

A cheesecake with no base????

Does that make it just cheese? Think Think Think
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 28/11/2015, 13:35

Not wanting to derail the thread but I've re-read the thread and my stuff (several times dunno ) and I just can't see it. So apologies if it was me, genuinely not intentional. 

Back on track and I'm adding shopping centres - just been into town as needed to do a few bits and it was hideous panic that said, I don't think anyone likes this time of year or during the sales gerrin . I'm just trying to distract myself from the fact this thread has not really made me want cheesecake yum
    Palma
    Trubshaw
    Trubshaw

Post by Palma on 28/11/2015, 14:35

Pleased to know I haven't unintentionally offended. Might have been more helpful if the allegedly offensive contributions were responded to directly, because otherwise it leads to everyone thinking it might be them. As Nina says

Ninativity wrote:I've gone back and re-read my posts and the only thing I can think of that could have been seen as rude is referring to Ugg boots as 'slag wellies'. Very sorry if this offended anyone or was seen as rude or PA. Absolutely 100% wasn't intended as such, I saw them referred as such somewhere else and for some reason it tickled me. However I hope it goes without saying I don't think anyone who wears or likes Ugg boots is a slag (a word I generally really dislike).

Sorry.

I didn't think that was in any way aimed at someone here that might wear Uggs. I wouldn't have a clue who wears them anyway. As to the epithet, it would have been the same if I had referred to those unnaturally stencilled, rigid eyebrows as 'Scouse brows'. Had I done so it would have been in the same vein as Nina's 'slag wellies'. Just using the vernacular.

So, revenons à nos moutons. I've thought of another thing in which I'm seemingly way out of step with the rest of the human race.

Going out for a meal. meh
    Fluff
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Fluff on 28/11/2015, 15:45

Slag wellies rofl I have a pair in the cupboard, but I didn't take offense at all. That's really made me chuckle.
    La Bomba
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by La Bomba on 28/11/2015, 15:51

Having a bath. I love the thought & the preparation but then I get in, the water goes cold quickly and ?I'm all uncomfy and want to get out. I clearly need a bigger bath! ner ner

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 18/8/2017, 21:08