The Lounge

Navigation

Tear jerker TV programmes

La Bomba
    Lounger
    Lounger

Tear jerker TV programmes

Post by La Bomba on 15/11/2015, 10:22

I'm watching Australian vet to the rescue and it's so interesting but heartbreaking too. I really enjoy programmes like this and want to keep watching to see the outcomes for the animals but at the same time, I'm often watching them through tears cry

What about you? Do you enjoy them?

What sort of programmes jerk your tears?
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Re: Tear jerker TV programmes

Post by smartiecat on 15/11/2015, 10:34

I can't watch any of the vetinary/animal rescue type programmes as I find them just too upsetting cry I am a complete wuss in general but especially in relation to animals. I cry at a lot really Embarassed I watched a programme (which might only have been in in Scotland actually) about the new Glasgow 'super-hospital' which opened recently after 4 hospitals merged. The children, including tiny babies, in the children's hospital that was part of it just about finished me off. There was a tiny baby called Barbara who'd been there since birth having heart ops I think (my sobs drowned a lot of it out) who broke my heart.  I can cry at just about anything though, sad and happy loser
    Pink Doughnut
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Pink Doughnut on 15/11/2015, 11:09

I cry at everything so make a point of not watching anything with animals or babies unless I'm on myself own and not wearing stupidly over priced mascara lol

Most recent show to get me crying was The Walking dead lol it's not even a sad show! It's zombies haha! (please no spoilers! I'm only on season 4!) but there was a bit where something happened and somebody was just holding their head and I burst into tears and when my friend (male) asked what the swear word was wrong with me, I just started wailing that it was all soo sad, whilst I had tears streaming down my face like niagra falls lol
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 15/11/2015, 11:28

Another crier here, everything sets me off! cry Mr Neener finds this very amusing, he likes putting inspirational/emotional YouTube videos on just to see how much I will cry. I am particularly bad with anything about animals who survive against the odds and come out the other side.

This one always, always gets me going:  https://youtu.be/uwPh8YH1L-Q
    adora
    The Explorer
    The Explorer

Post by adora on 15/11/2015, 11:40

I'm a big cryer - it's weird though sometimes the obvious 'this should make me cry' things don't get me at all, and I sit there thinking 'I am a monster and dead inside' but then something really daft will set me off, and I'll be proper sobbing at an advert for Colmans shepherds pie mix or whatever.

I don't tend to watch vet/animal rescue stuff as I get too upset, although sometimes I'll watch that supervet programme I think it's on 5. And I always watch Paul O'Grady For The Love of Dogs. It often does make me cry but I love it so much.

Guaranteed to set me off every time is the Royle Family Christmas special when nana dies.
    Pink Doughnut
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Pink Doughnut on 15/11/2015, 12:42

Know what's made me blubb within the last hour? I'm watching X factor (I know, I know, please don't judge me) and one of the girls in one of th groups nearly fainted after the song finished and they had to get her a chair and water. She didn't actually faint but for some reason I'm sitting having a mini blub:lol:
    Crappy
    Crap Bag
    Crap Bag

Post by Crappy on 15/11/2015, 20:48

Kitchen Impossible has had me bawling recently. Michel Roux Jnr takes your people with disabilities and tries to train them to work in catering/hospitality. It's funny and heartbreaking and very eye opening. I just love it and hope there's another series.

kinkyboots wrote:I love Nando's, anyone who doesn't is a cunt.
    Crappy
    Crap Bag
    Crap Bag

Post by Crappy on 15/11/2015, 20:48

Oh and I have cried at Walking Dead too PD!

kinkyboots wrote:I love Nando's, anyone who doesn't is a cunt.
    Dollyrocker
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Dollyrocker on 16/11/2015, 09:22

I never used to cry at TV until I had Finlay, it's like he broke something in me!

I bawled my eyes out at Eastenders when Shabnam had a stillborn baby, so much so that Mr Dr comforted me and he welled up a bit too and he hates Eastenders
    Jennifer Yellow Hat
    Badger Whisperer
    Badger Whisperer

Post by Jennifer Yellow Hat on 16/11/2015, 09:36

The One show had me in floods of tears the other week, they'd reunited a long lost family and it was all very emotional. I can't watch that programme with Davina Mccall that does a similar thing as I'd run out of tissues!

Adora I know what you mean about daft things but the shepherd's pie mix advert got me too the first time I saw it, it was about a Dad making Shepherd's Pie to cheer up his daughter and it made me very sad that my Dad isn't here to make me one unhappy
    adora
    The Explorer
    The Explorer

Post by adora on 16/11/2015, 09:45

Jennifer Yellow Hat wrote:

Adora I know what you mean about daft things but the shepherd's pie mix advert got me too the first time I saw it, it was about a Dad making Shepherd's Pie to cheer up his daughter and it made me very sad that my Dad isn't here to make me one unhappy

Solidarity hug , yes that's what got to me too. Proper wailing to myself 'there's NOBODY to make me a shepherds pie waaaaaah'. Embarassed
    Jennifer Yellow Hat
    Badger Whisperer
    Badger Whisperer

Post by Jennifer Yellow Hat on 16/11/2015, 10:13

adora wrote:
    Jennifer Yellow Hat wrote:

Solidarity hug , yes that's what got to me too. Proper wailing to myself 'there's NOBODY to make me a shepherds pie waaaaaah'. Embarassed

Yes! Even though I make a frankly awesome Shepherd's pie myself and don't need a packet to help me. Stupid adverts.
    adora
    The Explorer
    The Explorer

Post by adora on 16/11/2015, 10:26

- Were either of my dads still here, they would be highly unlikely to make me a shepherds pie anyway.
    - I prefer cottage pie - and I make a mean one using Delia's recipe.
    - packet sauce mixes are not an acceptable thing to cry about

And yet ....... gerrin

La Bomba
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by La Bomba on 16/11/2015, 11:19

Oh girls, I'm nodding away at your comments. My dad was a great cook and made lovely things. I'm not sure he ever turned his hand to a shepherds pie though lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 21/10/2017, 00:13