Navigation

Winter weekending

smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Winter weekending

Post by smartiecat on 13/11/2015, 17:33

It's Friday at last!  Tell me about your plans lovelies smile

I'm currently seriously considering going into hibernation, it is just horrific here - absolutely freezing, windy, lashing rain etc Rain Cloud Horrible unhappy

So tonight I am hiding indoors.  I'm toying with ordering some Chinese food, or I might just be sensible and cook something Think  

Tomorrow, I'm hoping to meet up with a friend for lunch but waiting to hear if she's going to make it.  I also need to take Thomas to the vet as he seems to have a cold or something.  He's been sneezing like mad the last couple of days, has a runny nose and keeps coughing/hacking like there's something irritating him at the top of his throat.  So we're seeing a vetinary nurse tomorrow afternoon.  Probably good to give him a once over anyway since he's just arrived.

Sunday, am playing it by ear and may go into town or may be completely lazy.  Will wait and see!

So not terribly exciting lol  Tell me of your more interesting plans please gerrin
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Re: Winter weekending

Post by Nina on 13/11/2015, 17:58

Thank the lord for the weekend! faint

Sorry you are having such awful weather in your neck of the woods Smartie, it sounds awful. We've been pretty lucky here so far. I think a Chinese sounds like a really good idea... Lick
    I hope Thomas is OK! Poor kitty. How is he settling in now?

If I ever get to leave work tonight then I am very much looking forward to the weekend... I am not at work next week and it is going to be a very welcome break indeed. Not sure how I've survived this week, as I am feeling dreadful.

We don't have a fat-lot planned yet for the coming weekend / week so but we're hoping to visit some local places of interest and do some Christmas shopping. Also have my scan on Wednesday. Scaredy Cat

I really wanted to go to Highclear Castle, but I didn't realise it only opens on select days each year, so that isn't going to happen. lol

Have a good weekend everyone! xx
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 13/11/2015, 18:14

I ended up just cooking pasta instead, although now wish I'd gone for pizza pig

Thomas is settling in ok thanks Nina, he's starting to relax a bit. He seems a bit poorly and when he's hacking he seems to struggle to breathe, but he's probably really run down with the stress of moving and stuff so has a cold or something.

Hope you have a lovely week off Nina and lots of positive vibes for your scan, how exciting x
    Dr Kinkyboots
    pinkificated
    pinkificated

Post by Dr Kinkyboots on 13/11/2015, 18:52

OMG thank god it's the weekend. I have had a shit week! At least it got better toward the end.

Anyway! I'm having a rather nice indulgent night in to myself. Mr.KB is out and i've had Chinese and watching crap tv. I love it smile Might do a bit of christmas crafting this evening. Considering putting a big bag of bird food i've had laying around to good use after finding out about DIY christmas bird feeder gifts. Although all of this would involve getting up off my lazy arse and i'm not for moving right now...

This weekend I am going out to dinner with friends and lunch with family saturday and sunday. Will be making dessert sweets for the lunch which i'm looking forward to as I love making stuff.

A niiiiice chilled weekend. Happy days.
    Jennifer Yellow Hat
    Badger Whisperer
    Badger Whisperer

Post by Jennifer Yellow Hat on 13/11/2015, 19:18

Going out for Mexican food tonight.

Tomorrow is... no idea! Me and Mr Hat are meeting my sister in London for a drink and then we're going to whatever my birthday present is. No clue as to what it is!
    adora
    The Explorer
    The Explorer

Post by adora on 14/11/2015, 09:35

Oooh Jen! Let us know, bet it's something ace gerrin

Last night I went to my friend J's and her sister A, also my good friend, was there and we had dinner. A has just got back from holiday and whilst there she bought the Magic Mike xxl dvd from the looky looky men, so we watched that. Love that film, I mean yes there's male strippers but it's just such a *nice* film with no meanness or nastiness in it. The strippers just want to make women smile! They are supportive of each other's dreams! lol

Today I've been up and walked Fred but I'm still full of the cold so fred and I have come back to bed with a cup of tea and selection of reading materials (those are for me, not Fred). Going to get up in a bit and do some boring cleaning stuff, and may pop to the nail place on my street to see if they can squeeze me in. Going for dinner at a greek place with GC tonight.

Tomorrow probably a walk with Fred and GC. I'm meeting a friend for coffee and I'm not sure what else, think we're popping in on GC's gran at some point as she wants to meet Fred!
    Dollyrocker
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Dollyrocker on 14/11/2015, 10:56

Enjoy your weekends everyon smile

My poor boy is sick so I think we will mostly be watching Thomas and Cars, I didn't have anything planned really anyway bar job hunting dunno so no biggy

smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 14/11/2015, 11:03

Ooh enjoy birthday surprise Jen!

And how cute that GC's nan wants to meet Fred heart pop

Hope Finlay feels better soon Dolly unhappy X how is the job hunting going?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 18/8/2017, 21:08