The Lounge

Navigation

Count Down to Christmas Thread

Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Count Down to Christmas Thread

Post by Nina on 5/11/2015, 07:57

I know, I know, it's only November, but I am ridiculously excited about Christmas already. gerrin I've been organising our Christmas lunch at work, so it's been on my mind a lot!

Thought I would start a general Christmas nattering thread. Some other Loungers must be feeling festive too surely (Slurps? lol)?

What is everyone doing this year?
    Have you started/finished/not thought about your Christmas shopping?
    How long do you have off work?

Christmas Shopping Carrying Tree Banana Tree Snowman lol
    La Bomba
    Lounger
    Lounger

Re: Count Down to Christmas Thread

Post by La Bomba on 5/11/2015, 08:21

Eurgh! I'm so meh about Christmas this year. I don't feel any fear and loathing, yet, but just can't be arsed with it at all.

Sorry to drizzle all over your snowy parade, Nina Embarassed I'm sure someone more festive will be along shortly!

Last edited by La Bomba on 5/11/2015, 08:55; edited 1 time in total
    Juggler
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Juggler on 5/11/2015, 08:53

sorry I'm no where near thinking about crimble either toots. I've still got 9 days leave I need to take from work but haven't booked it off yet as want to take some of it in January. I plan to get a great big effing tree for my hugenormous upstairs room and if I'm honest that's about it. Though soldier boy did ask what I normally do for Christmas the other night, didn't realise he might have been dropping a hint until later lol. I'm so crap at relationships!!.
    Mrs Slurps
    Lady of Leisure
    Lady of Leisure

Post by Mrs Slurps on 5/11/2015, 11:43

Ah Neens you can count on my Christmassiness! I will be in the uk from 27th November til 13th December so I'll miss putting the tree up on 1st December but I am helping my mum out her trees up. We might go to North Carolina just before but will be here with the woofers for actual Christmas. I LOVE it all!

Slurps Christmas Slurps Christmas Slurps Christmas Slurps Christmas Slurps Christmas Slurps Christmas
    adora
    The Explorer
    The Explorer

Post by adora on 5/11/2015, 12:25

Christmas is hard for me, but focusing on spending time with my sister down south, the kids and little ones (Bella's first Christmas this year!) and lots of good food and drink gets me through and I look forward to those things.

I'll be going down to my sister's in Hampshire the day before Christmas eve, and back probably the day after Boxing Day. We'll do our usual walk around the Roman wall/ light a candle for mum on Christmas Eve, followed by Christmas cocktails and a film. Lazy start to Christmas Day, posh breakfast with fizz, presents, drinking, Christmas dinner fairly late in the day then bed.

GC and I planning to go away with Fred for nye.

I've had a few half formed ideas about presents but they've mostly gone out of my head just now.
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 5/11/2015, 12:26

Christmas!!!! Frolic

I'm in the mood too Snowman lol

I've been organising my work Christmas lunch, have my time booked off (and the Cattery although need to do a name change cry ) . I need to book the bus or train up north though as travelling I the 23rd and it's likely to be busy. 

I've done a fair bit of shopping too trying to spread the cost (and my excitement gerrin ). Also as I need to be organised for the Aussie contingent. Have done about half of that. 

I'm at my folks for the whole thing, I've got between Christmas and New Year off this year, hurrah. Hoping my SIL is doing lunch gerrin
    Stru
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Stru on 5/11/2015, 13:40

I'm getting excited too, now that we have M's roster and he is OFF! :woohoo:

It is Christmas with the in-laws this year - the first time I'll be away from my family for Christmas! Which will be weird but his family are so lovely, I know it will be different but will be really good fun too.

Need to start shopping!!
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 12/11/2015, 10:44

Sorry ladies, I posted this and didn't come back to it!

Bomba - I am not surprised you are struggling with feeling festive this year - you've got a lot more stuff going on. hug

Sounds like some lovely Christmas plans. North Carolina, OMG, Slurps I think you win! wink
    Stru, first Christmas away from your family must be an interesting prospect - I am so lucky that I've never had to do this as we spend Christmas day with both sets of parents. I felt weird the first time I had Christmas day somewhere other than the house I grew up in though!

This year we are at my mum & dad's on Christmas Day. Will be having chicken (I have suggested cockerel as we had this at ours last time we did Christmas dinner and it was really tasty) because IT IS TRADITIONAL (we had duck one year at Mr Neener's parents and it was tasty but it just wasn't the same flounce lol). We always used to have turkey at home, but my mum got so upset cooking it (terrified of poisoning everyone) that we switched to chicken and TBH I prefer it.

So Christmas day will be mum, dad, mil, fil, Mr Neener and I. We haven't got anything else planned yet, but I suspect we'll see the rest of the family over the time off.

I finish work on the 18th of December - cannot wait!

Hopefully we'll be able to get some Christmas shopping done next week, as we are off work for a week having a staycation. I hope to do Christmas cards too and be a bit more organised than I normally am. I am not the best present-buyer really, so I find Christmas shopping a bit stressful (I worry endlessly people won't like what I've chosen) if I don't know what people want.

I feel like I might need to go for a festive name change soon. Is it too early? lol
    Stru
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Stru on 12/11/2015, 18:20

Christmas cards - good shout. Love having an evening of mulled wine, mince pies, a film and some Christmas card writing.

What might you be asking for Christmas this year?

I would like a new perfume - possibly a Jo Malone or Jo Loves.
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 12/11/2015, 18:23

Never too early for anything Nina! gerrin I have begun wink

I've decided not to do cards this year. Although may have a last minute change of heart!

The only things I have asked for this year are some slippers and loungewear old I'm such an old woman Snowman lol
    Poggy
    Mrs Pete
    Mrs Pete

Post by Poggy on 12/11/2015, 18:49

Mrs Slurpsmas wrote:
    Ah Neens you can count on my Christmassiness! I will be in the uk from 27th November til 13th December so I'll miss putting the tree up on 1st December but I am helping my mum out her trees up. We might go to North Carolina just before but will be here with the woofers for actual Christmas. I LOVE it all!

Slurps Christmas Slurps Christmas Slurps Christmas Slurps Christmas Slurps Christmas Slurps Christmas

I have just noticed this - it took me ages to venture on to this thread.
    I have still done nothing and it is 6 weeks tomorrow and I am feeling very annoyed with myself!

Slurpy - I know I have a million and one things on between now and Christmas, but if you do have a free day/afternoon, then what might be the chances of meeting up whilst you are over here???????
    It will probably be a nightmare to arrange, but if any others can make it to some central point maybe.....just maybe we could meet up to say hello - somewhere in-between us all??

I may post another thread after dinner as this might not be seen/might get lost and I know that Slurps is in Vegas at the moment.

Poggy
    Mrs Pete
    Mrs Pete

Post by Poggy on 12/11/2015, 18:51

santacat wrote:Never too early for anything Nina! gerrin  I have begun wink

I've decided not to do cards this year.  Although may have a last minute change of heart!

The only things I have asked for this year are some slippers and loungewear old  I'm such an old woman Snowman lol

I haven't done cards for quite a few years now.

I do the odd few to oldies and the odd few to some clients but that is it!
    It is wonderful not to have to sit down for HOURS writing them all (and wasting all the trees!)
    This year, instead of cards, I will donate to a group I am slightly involved in that saves the Romanian dogs from a life of hell.

Tired tapir
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Tired tapir on 17/11/2015, 13:27

I'll be giving birth at some point over Christmas so it'll be an entertaining one for us! Speechless

We're (hopefully) going round my husband's parents' for Christmas dinner and will probably be seeing my parents that day too.

We really need to get organised and write a list and start doing some Christmas shopping or we may run out of time!!
    La Bomba
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by La Bomba on 17/11/2015, 14:47

Oh Tapir, that's come around soon! How are you feeling?
    Tired tapir
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Tired tapir on 17/11/2015, 14:54

La Bomba wrote:Oh Tapir, that's come around soon! How are you feeling?

I know, I'm 35 weeks on Thurs! faint Trying not to think about it really! We're not organised at all! I've got three and a half days left at work so it'll probably get real then and I'll feel absolutely shattered next week!

How are you feeling? Sounds like you've had a tough time recently hug
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 17/11/2015, 16:38

Oh a Christmas baby, how lovely!
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 23/11/2015, 13:48

After today I've only got eighteen days in the office before I break for Christmas.

That's just over two and a half weeks left of work before I am freeeeeee! Frolic

When does everyone else finish work?

xxx
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 23/11/2015, 18:44

That's fab Nina great I finish up on the 22nd and head home on the 23rd. I can't wait! Banana Tree

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 18/8/2017, 21:10