Navigation

Coconut oil - how do you eat/use yours?

adora
    The Explorer
    The Explorer

Coconut oil - how do you eat/use yours?

Post by adora on 20/10/2015, 11:04

Are you a coconut oil convert yet?

I bought a big jar in the summer at a foodie event, but so far have only really used it for beauty stuff - I use it as a hot oil cleanser on my face with a muslin cloth sometimes, as a body moisturiser straight after the shower, as a hand cream and lip balm.

I've not used it in cooking yet.

I'm using it because I have the big tub, I wouldn't say I'm sold on the whole 'wonder product' thing, all the things I've used it for are fine but there are other products that do each thing better. I do love the smell though. And I suppose it's more economical than buying the various products separately.

Maybe if I start using it in cooking I'll finally see the coconut oil light?
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Re: Coconut oil - how do you eat/use yours?

Post by Nina on 20/10/2015, 11:55

I've got some! I also had some years ago before it became a fad.

I used it on my hair, but it didn't really do anything special (and was an utter git to wash out).

I find it too oily to use as a body moisturiser.

I have used it for oil pulling, which is more pleasant then when I've tried it with any other type of oil, but I have never made it a proper habit. It tastes nice and I have been known to just eat a teaspoonful on it's own from time to time.

I've not tried it on my face as a cleanser, but I have a really nice oil-based cleanser that I already use so I haven't felt the need.

I was thinking of asking Mr Neener to try it as a beard oil.

I'm not crazy mad on it either, but it does smell nice.
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 20/10/2015, 12:12

I've not used it for beauty stuff but have had a jar lurking in my kitchen cupboard for a while. I read recently that it's been found to be beneficial in those with epilepsy so as of this week I am making a concerted effort to eat it a lot more!!

I'm putting a spoonful in my porridge each morning, which was a bit weird the first time but now I love it. I also use it to stir fry veg but have to be careful not too use too much as I find it a bit sickly if I do (even though I love it). I also occasionally put it in fresh coffee rather than milk (top tip, it has no cooling effect so don't take a big slurp straight away if you don't enjoy scalding your mouth). That's it so far, I need to branch out a bit!
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 20/10/2015, 13:40

smartiecat wrote:
    I'm putting a spoonful in my porridge each morning, which was a bit weird the first time but now I love it.

Ooh I might try that.

I normally just have unsweetened porridge but that might be worth a try for a change.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 18/8/2017, 20:59