The Lounge

Navigation

Oh dear, oh dear!

Poggy
    Mrs Pete
    Mrs Pete

Oh dear, oh dear!

Post by Poggy on 13/10/2015, 17:54

Call me the grammar police if you wish, but I just had to share this!

I have been looking at reviews on Trip Advisor for a property I have been looking to book for someone and I came across this gem.

Just 4 capital letters in the whole lot and only one full stop - and even that is not needed/not where it should be.

Honestly, I despair sometimes, I really do!! shake head shake head shake head

well where to start what a great resort we stayed from the 26th sept to 3rd oct first of all we travelled by Norwegian air we where delayed by 2 hours at Gatwick but the pilot managed to make up a bit of time we arrived at resort at about 22.20 the hotel kept the restaurant open for the late arrivals which was nice we went to our room which we thought was nice we had a top floor room 4202 the bed in the bedroom could do with more pillows but we requested some more from the main desk which they brought the bell boy brought our luggage to our room as we where about to unpack we were greeted by our first guest of the week in the form of a cockroach which is the first my family had seen so i went to reception to complain in about 15 min two maids turned up with spray in one hand they searched for it they found it behind the fridge it was like watch laurel and hardy when it appeared from behind the fridge chasing it around and trying to stamp on it so they managed to get it after about 2 mins of this so we thought ok so we went to bed we where awoken by my stepdaughter say mum mark there's one on my bed at about 6 in the morning so again i tried to get it but they are the Usain bolt of the animal world so he disappeared behind the fridge again so again went to reception and complained again we where going to asked to be moved but Michael came and dealt with it quickly and he searched to see if we had anymore in our room but there was none in total we had 5 one which i think would traumatised any one there was one on my stepdaughters backside which she screamed the whole place down also one day we had no water but the staff where helpful in giving us a room to have a shower as we were going out for my fiancée birthday in room air con was rubbish could not feel the benefit of it at all and the evening entertainment was very poor

now the good

the check in was smooth food was good we always found something to eat drinks were proper coke sprite fanta etc pools where very clean staff where friendly always saying aloa cleaners done a fantastic job in cleaning rooms we went to town quite a lot after dinner the town is about 15 to 20 mins away which is a nice walk you can go the road or walk along the sand to town we took my 12 yr. old step son the beach way during the day and i think his eyes where popping out of his head with the topless woman haha there is plenty to do in town shops restaurants we visited 2 restaurant's we went to el toro bravo 2 times the food was really good and i cant remember the name of the other but we had a poor meal there with a rude waiter and them forgetting starters which was ordered we are going to come back next year for my partners 40th birthday and hoping to see improvements as this place was good apart from a couple of hiccups

flounce
    Crappy
    Crap Bag
    Crap Bag

Re: Oh dear, oh dear!

Post by Crappy on 13/10/2015, 17:58

That's how I used to write in my diaries when I was 6.

I really really hate mis-use of the word 'done' it sounds so common flounce

kinkyboots wrote:I love Nando's, anyone who doesn't is a cunt.
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 13/10/2015, 18:19

I can't read that, my brain just doesn't compute panic
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 13/10/2015, 18:25

I honestly think review websites should be moderated and anything that poor should be deleted as it's really not helpful.

Poggy
    Mrs Pete
    Mrs Pete

Post by Poggy on 13/10/2015, 19:33

lol Crappy - you are spot on!!

Smartie - I'm with you on that - although I *forced* myself to read it all, just to make sure it was as horrific all the way through!

Nina - I agree. In fact, if there is poor grammar and spelling in a review, I actually discount it as worthless and ignore it!

Current date/time is 28/6/2017, 13:27