The Lounge

Navigation

Beauty Buys / Faves

Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Beauty Buys / Faves

Post by Nina on 12/10/2015, 17:14

Hello ladies, anyone bought anything lately that they now can't live without? flirt

I got some Stay Perfect No.7 mascara recently (random airport purchase) and it's changed my life. Would highly recommend for anyone who has issues with mascara smudging under their eyes. big eyes

It's not quite as easy to remove as the tube claims, but it's easier than normal waterproof mascara. It really does stay put though - even through proper bake-off induced sobbing. cry

I wish I'd know about it for my wedding, as even the "magical" mascara my make-up lady used on me smudged a tiny bit under my eyes (I must be deformed in some way to make this happen all the time as I don't see anyone else walking around looking like a miserable panda)!!
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Re: Beauty Buys / Faves

Post by smartiecat on 12/10/2015, 18:14

Oh that's useful to hear Nina, I am the same and am a constant panda face! I am always curious as to how others seem to manage not to end up like that as I do regardless of what mascara I'm wearing.

Afraid I have nothing new or interesting to suggest in return though. I'm in such a rut with all my products and just always use the same ones Moping
    Stru
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Stru on 12/10/2015, 19:00

I've just bought one of those sponges you apply foundation with and it's great - wouldn't be without it now - you get much more even coverage. I didn't buy the expensive branded one, just a boots one and it's really really good.
    Edie
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Edie on 12/10/2015, 23:41

I've used Stay Perfect mascara for a few years now, use the foundation too and love both.

I also use the Boots blue creamy eye make up remover, the cheapo one, which take the mascara off with not much effort.
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 13/10/2015, 09:59

Strudel wrote:I've just bought one of those sponges you apply foundation with and it's great - wouldn't be without it now - you get much more even coverage. I didn't buy the expensive branded one, just a boots one and it's really really good.

Is that like the bouncy egg type? I've always wanted to try one, but was put off by the price, might try the Boots one if it's cheaper. Although I don't really wear foundation much these days (but that doesn't stop me buying them lol).

Edie wrote:I've used Stay Perfect mascara for a few years now, use the foundation too and love both.

I also use the Boots blue creamy eye make up remover, the cheapo one,  which take the mascara off with not much effort.

Ooh, I might give that a go, although my eyes are really sensitive so I am always a bit afraid of different eye makeup remover.
    Edie
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Edie on 13/10/2015, 14:50

I've got really sensitive eyes and skin too Nina, I wear contacts daily and am a hayfever sufferer down to the streaming eyes just about every day. I've used this eye make up remover for years without any problems, I just put a bit about 5-10p size on a cotton pad then squish it against a second cotton pad and gently pat my eyes to dissolve the mascara then a final sweep off.

Checked the bottle - it is Boots Essential Eye Make up Remover - the green one stinks but the blue one doesn't smile
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 13/10/2015, 16:01

Thanks Edie, I think I know the range you mean, I will check it out!
    Stru
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Stru on 14/10/2015, 08:57

Yep it's like a little orange egg smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 18/8/2017, 21:11