The Lounge

Navigation

Reasons to be cheerful

smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Reasons to be cheerful

Post by smartiecat on 10/10/2015, 08:47

I feel like I have been a massive whinge bag lately in just about every post I make and frankly I'm even bored of myself gerrin  I'm well aware that my epilepsy is quite mild compared to lots of other peoples, and not being able to drive is really not the end of the world.  I have lots of good things to be grateful for and just need to remind myself of that.  So apologies for all the whingeing and although I know we've done this before, thought it woudl be good to do a wee list of some of the things making me happy at the moment:

- I am going to get a bus pass so will soon be saving money on travel
    - I'll be walking/car sharing/using public transport much more which is so much better for the environment than my previous solo car journeys
    - Just had some lovely time with all the family and it's been a good reminder of how lucky I am to have them all
    - I love my little house so much, I'm genuinely grateful every day that I live here as it's so perfect for me.  I've never, even for a second, regretted buying it in the 4 years I've been here.
    - I also love where I live.  I never imagined I'd stay up here as long as I have (10 years!! eek ) but I'm actually really content and settled for the first time in my life old .
    - I'm going to Florence next year Frolic  I've wanted to go for so long and really can't wait!
    - It's nearly Christmas (sorry to the Christmas haters) Snowman lol .  More time with the family (you can remind me of this at the time when we're all getting on each others nerves lol ), and my nephew and niece are at such fun ages Hyper
    - I've just booked tickets to see the ballet (Cinderella) with my mum and niece - it's not for a few months I'm really looking forward to taking my niece out (we'll make a weekend of it).  She's 6 now and I can't wait to be able to do more stuff like this with her.

So what is making you happy right now? smile
    Poggy
    Mrs Pete
    Mrs Pete

Re: Reasons to be cheerful

Post by Poggy on 10/10/2015, 10:30

You are not a whinge bag, Smartie. This is a good place to off-load...much better than keeping things in.

My list...

The autumn colours! I love this time of year and it has been such a lovely October so far. The trees at the back of us are beautiful and this year we won't have piles and piles of the horrible dark leaves that we used to have. The huge, dark tree was taken down in July leaving a lovely silver birch which is so pretty to sit and watch! (and I don't mind the leaf-fall from that)

Pepper - she makes me so happy every single day. During every night/early morning, she creeps up between me and Mark for cuddles - purring like a tractor. she is so, so cuddly and is great company. It amazes me just how much love and fun she has brought to the family and I wish I had got a cat years ago. (although we did have Tommy for 10 years, which was great)

Christmas - This year it will be different because Megan will be coming home for about a month. I am looking forward to our snuggly Christmas and actually hope that we will be on our own on Christmas Day. I can't believe it is only 10 Fridays or something silly!!

Gigs - Mark and I are going to see Gary Numan on Thursday in London. I have seen him twice before, but he is so good. In December we are going to see Kodaline - again, we saw them back in March but enjoyed them so much that we jumped at the chance to see them again. Then in January we are going to see the Libertines Hyper - I have never seen them before and was hesitant about going but love the new album so much that I just *had* to go and see them.

Good thread, Smartie - it is a good thing to step back and see how lucky we are from time to time. nod
    Jennifer Yellow Hat
    Badger Whisperer
    Badger Whisperer

Post by Jennifer Yellow Hat on 10/10/2015, 14:55

Lovely Fred but I would never call you a whingebag Smartie, the fact that you've listed all those positive things despite having a tough time healthwise proves that!

I'm going to be on another TV quiz show! Flying up to Glasgow to film it in a couple of weeks, should be fun.

Cake! I made a lemon drizzle cake today which has made me very happy.

I was brave and went to a meet up with random people yesterday ant had a good time, met some lovely people.

I'm still getting loads of compliments about my weight loss, a small group of women from my gym accosted me (in a nice way!) and were asking me how I did it, I might have to release a Davina style dvd gerrin

My birthday next month, not thrilled about the getting older part but I'll be going on some sort of mini break so that'll be nice.
    Stru
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Stru on 11/10/2015, 22:39

You do look rather fabulous Jen. How did you do it??

Smartie you are so sweet and such a positive soul despite having a pretty rough time recently. They sound like lovely reasons to be positive. Florence in particular, what a lovely trip to look forward to.

Poggy aren't cats the best , Max comes in for cuddles with us every morning too, it's so so sweet smile

I am going to be grateful for my health for having Matt and Max, for my lovely family and for hopefully starting to try for our own little one soon. Lots to be thankful for xx
    Jennifer Yellow Hat
    Badger Whisperer
    Badger Whisperer

Post by Jennifer Yellow Hat on 12/10/2015, 08:28

Strudel wrote:You do look rather fabulous Jen. How did you do it??

Aww thanks Stru. Loads of group exercise classes and a few food swaps but nothing too extreme. Also I drink a lot Matcha Green Tea which is supposed to help speed weight loss along.
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 12/10/2015, 12:19

I'm off to buy some of that green tea Jen! gerrin
    adora
    The Explorer
    The Explorer

Post by adora on 12/10/2015, 14:32

You are not a whingebag smartie! You are a lovely, warm and kind person and that shines through in all your posts.

My reasons are the same as ever: Fred, family, friends. And now GC, who is such a kind and thoughtful person. I had a lovely birthday weekend at my sister's with him. And we had a gorgeous walk in the Autumn sunshine, like Poggy Autumn makes me happy.

We have a fab day out to look forward to on Wed, and on Friday my lovely friend (Lily from here) is coming to stay ready for Sat, a joint birthday party for me and my bestie Jo.

Christmas is a sad sad time, but in a strange way I'm looking forward to it as since loosing mum we've had to find a different way to 'do! christmas. Now it's all about being with my sister and nieces, lots of good food, walks with the dogs, films and books. It's not a jolly time like it used to be, it's incredibly sad in parts, but it's still special and all about family and love.
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 12/10/2015, 17:08

adora wrote:You are not a whingebag smartie! You are a lovely, warm and kind person and that shines through in all your posts.

WSS

adora wrote:Christmas is a sad sad time, but in a strange way I'm looking forward to it as since loosing mum we've had to find a different way to 'do! christmas. Now it's all about being with my sister and nieces, lots of good food, walks with the dogs, films and books. It's not a jolly time like it used to be, it's incredibly sad in parts, but it's still special and all about family and love.

Lord, that made me well up Ads! hug
    I hope you have a lovely birthday party - send Lily love from The Lounge!

My reasons to be cheerful (thank you I need this as I am feeling a big neggy at the moment):

It's autumn and it's beautiful!
    I've been consistently exercising (only walking but still!) since the end of March, which is a first for me. I had a bit of a dip after holiday but been back "on it" this week and last. Being out in the fresh air makes me feel so alive and happy, it's great for my mental well-being.
    I don't know what has happened to cause it, but I'm feeling generally more confident in my own skin than ever before.
    I haven't self harmed for longer than I can remember (since a long time before we married, so at least two years!)
    We've got a new bathroom tap coming (ours has been leaking for months  Embarassed) which I am stoopidly excited about
    Mr Neener seems to be taking his health a bit more seriously since "the scare".
    Although I've lost friends recently, the friendships I do have are stronger and more positive as I've been giving them more TLC.
    Work had been crap for a few months, but it's picked up in the last two weeks, which is great as it was kinda soul destroying before that!
    Christmas is coming - we are going to my mum & dad's this year, looking forward to the time off work and just being with my lovely family (parents, Mr Neener + in-laws).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 17/12/2017, 13:51