Navigation

Gogglebox

Palma
    Trubshaw
    Trubshaw

Gogglebox

Post by Palma on 9/10/2015, 22:33

Who loves it? Me. I love it.  heart pop

I remember when it was starting, I thought it sounded like just the type of thing I would detest - people playing up to the cameras, commenting on programmes I don't watch, expressing distasteful views for shock value.

But no. The producers have [in the most part] managed to skilfully choose people who are able to be natural, and who are quirky, funny and eminently watchable. It's not often I laugh out loud at the telly, but particularly Scarlett from Co Durham and Jenny and Lee in the caravan have me howling. I'm not too keen on the new Welsh couple - the husband does seem to be overly camera-aware.

Who else is in?
    adora
    The Explorer
    The Explorer

Re: Gogglebox

Post by adora on 9/10/2015, 22:37

I love it gerrin

June and Leon are my faves, and I love the caravan duo too. Just finished watching the celeb one for Stand up to cancer.
    Mrs Slurps
    Lady of Leisure
    Lady of Leisure

Post by Mrs Slurps on 10/10/2015, 18:07

Another fan here! I bloody love it. Only discovered it last year and watched all the seasons binge style. So so funny, I love them all. Sandy and Sandra started of hilarious but then imho they started to play up to the camera too much. I love the Malones and their dogs and the relationships with sons and Mum ,so sweet and funny, I think they're all hilarious, the Vicar is somewhat irritating at times though. Last nights was fabulous but had me in sad tears twice. Heartbreaking. I thoroughly recommend it to anyone, even Mr S love it and he's not usually into stuff like GB.
    Linux_Lady
    I love Mini Chedders
    I love Mini Chedders

Post by Linux_Lady on 11/10/2015, 08:08

I think it's awesome - the gay guys with the sausage dogs and the posh couple with their sausage dog.... and the Moffats gerrin I think if I was to raise a daughter, I'd be quite proud if she turned out like theirs as she seems to be pretty quirky and swears a lot lol
    Fluff
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Fluff on 11/10/2015, 16:30

I love the Moffats! And June and Leon. Ooh and Mary and Giles! And Jenny and Lee...
    Ivana Mojito
    At least I didn't shart!
    At least I didn't shart!

Post by Ivana Mojito on 11/10/2015, 18:42

I love them all! They are hilarious.
    Scarlett is an unconscious comedian, Leon and June are just adorable. The Sandras are just a riot and the Sidikis are very witty.

How does it work though? Watching people watch telly shouldn't be Friday night entertainment! But it is just so bloody entertaining.

I'm not overly keen on the noobs though. The the Michaels' son irritates me sometimes

Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Stru on 11/10/2015, 22:43

Love gogglebox so so much, it's so clever. Trust Caroline aherne to have a hand in this she's a genius.

Love the gay guys in Brighton, the sidiqis, Mary and Giles, Jenny and Lee, the moffats, Ahhh all of them really!

I don't watch much telly so end up watching other programmes through g box - much better way I think!
    Edie
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Edie on 12/10/2015, 23:20

I love Gogglebox too and I generally don't watch tv programmes with a reality tv slant. I watched Steph and Dom's chat show on Saturday night and was weeping with laughter , especially with the Phil Tufnell and Jason Donovan parts
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 13/10/2015, 07:57

I don't watch this as not a reality tv fan but I feel I'm missing out now flounce I may have to investigate.
    Edie
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Edie on 13/10/2015, 09:08

smartiecat wrote:I don't watch this as not a reality tv fan but I feel I'm missing out now flounce I may have to investigate.

Might be worth checking out, my hubby detests any kind of reality show, Keith Lemon and fakey celeb quiz shows yet he sat down one night to find out what I was laughing at and now watches it if he's around smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content