The Lounge

Navigation

Autumnal Weekending

Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Autumnal Weekending

Post by Nina on 9/10/2015, 09:37

Morning ladies – what are you all up to this weekend?

I have lots of errands to run, including unpacking properly after holiday (which I got back from almost two weeks ago Embarassed)

We also need to have a serious look at what still needs doing / re-doing in the house too, and make a proper plan for doing it, which is a bit soul destroying as I’ve done enough DIY for a million years now.

Going to chill out tonight with some alcohol free beers rawk and a spicy fish stew.

Tomorrow afternoon I am meeting friends for tea and cake in the afternoon – two of which have beautiful babies, so I suspect my ovaries will be in overload. heart pop

Sunday I am not sure what we are doing. I have a day dream about going out for a nice crisp autumn walk and then having chilli for tea, but I have a feeling Mr Neener wants to clear out the garage. unhappy

What are you all up to?

xxx
    Poggy
    Mrs Pete
    Mrs Pete

Re: Autumnal Weekending

Post by Poggy on 9/10/2015, 11:38

Boo to DIY!! I cannot *stand* doing anything at all like that - especially when it has to look worse before it looks better!

I like the sound of your walk - much better than tidying out the garage!

I have been for a lovely walk this morning. I had some tickets to deliver so walked there in the lovely autumnal morning. Posted some stuff and picked up some milk - all before breakfast (not that impressive really when breakfast was 10.30am!)
    Today I hope to do the boring 'getting ready for the accountant' stuff. I am a bugger for not adding my receipts etc to my spreadsheet and so have got literally a year's worth of receipts to log (I thought it was about 9 months, but have just checked and was eek when I saw it was a years worth!! faint
    I just find it so mind-numbingly boring!

We have nothing planned for tomorrow but I want to make some leek and potato soup.

On Sunday I have been 'persuaded' by Mark to go to some model railway thing at Gaydon motor museum! I can't tell you how thrilled I am about that!! Sleep

Not terribly exciting, as you can see!! ner ner
    Jennifer Yellow Hat
    Badger Whisperer
    Badger Whisperer

Post by Jennifer Yellow Hat on 9/10/2015, 12:04

Tonight I'm going to the pub with people I don't know! Basically I'm often at a loose end on a Friday night as working from home means I don't get the after work drinks that I used to and I found a local social group online who are having a meet up at a pub really close to where I live so I thought I'd give it a go.

Tomorrow I've got Body Pump class in the morning then I have tickets to this thing in London that involves free beer and watching the rugby, even though we can't get out of the group stage it still might be fun. I'm going to try to fit in making a cake for my Mum too.

Sunday we're taking my Mum on a belated birthday trip to Ely, she has cousins there we might see some of them, she wants to visit some family graves to lay flowers and we'll have a nice lunch somewhere.
    Stru
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Stru on 9/10/2015, 13:31

I've got baby time this weekend too Nina Bitch Slap Going to see my mate and her newborn girl. Very excited about this Hyper and about shopping for her pressie Hyper

Other than that my main event this weekend is the Royal Parks Half Marathon Sunday morning! Scaredy Cat
    adora
    The Explorer
    The Explorer

Post by adora on 9/10/2015, 18:02

Oooh good luck Stru!

Today I went to a fitsteps danceclass in the church hall after school. Our head is paying for us, one of the sports coaches is doing it, and it's just us from work there and it was so much fun I loved it. Just chilling and packing tonight.

Tomorrow GC and I are heading down to my sister's in Hampshire. Sat night we'll be there. There's an Oktoberfest thing on near her so we might go to that.

Sunday, my birthday! We're going to a lovely pub near my sister for lunch. Staying over and coming home min morning.

GC has got the whole week off next week and I'm not going to take any supply for Wed as he's booked us lunch in an amazing place in town and we're going to do that then go for cocktails gerrin
    Jennifer Yellow Hat
    Badger Whisperer
    Badger Whisperer

Post by Jennifer Yellow Hat on 9/10/2015, 18:05

Aww have a great Birthday Ads all those plans sound lovely.
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 9/10/2015, 18:30

Have a great birthday weekend Ads, your plans sound lovely Boozy

Good luck Stru! great Is this your first half or have you done some before?

I say down with DIY and everyone get out there and have nice autumnal walks and do lovely things instead smile

This weekend I largely plan to sleep Sleep One of my friends was meant to be coming up but unfortunately she can't now as her husband has to work and she has a wee boy. It's maybe for the best though as I am so exhausted and am not really up to much. Also my poor Teddy is poorly unhappy have a vet appointment at 11am tomorrow so am hoping it's easily treatable fingers crossed Also hoping it's not too expensive dunno I'll have to taxi there and back too as nobody who could give me a lift is available. I miss driving so much gah

Have a great weekend all smile
    Stru
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Stru on 9/10/2015, 20:08

Oh smartie unhappy sorry to hear that teddy is poorly, what's wrong? Hope you're alright. Wish I could give you a lift xx
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 9/10/2015, 20:17

Thanks Stru x I think he's got an abscess or an infection.  His eye has swollen shut and is weeping and his cheek is swollen too.  He's feeling very sorry for himself and is sore, but he's still eating a bit which is good.  Hopefully they can sort him out quite easily, he's had similar before but if I remember right he had to be put under to get it fully cleaned out. He has some random bald patches come up as well so I'm not sure what that is. My poor baby.
    adora
    The Explorer
    The Explorer

Post by adora on 9/10/2015, 21:44

Poor Teddy, hope the vet gets him sorted Smartie hug
    Poggy
    Mrs Pete
    Mrs Pete

Post by Poggy on 10/10/2015, 10:12

Big hugs to poor Teddy...it sounds uncomfortable for him, bless him.

I hope that he can be sorted out (and for not tooooo much money). fingers crossed
    Stru
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Stru on 10/10/2015, 14:17

Poor little lamb, hope he's alright xx
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 10/10/2015, 15:37

Sorry for hijacking the weekend thread with Teddy's health woes! The abscess burst last night so fortunately no need for it to be drained. It's an infected cat bite, he has been fighting again shake head So he got a few antibiotic jabs and I have some to give him in his food over this week, need to get it checked next week to ensure it's healing.

When he's back they're going to do some more investigations as to what's going on with his skin. I'd convinced myself he must have fleas as his itching is so extreme but he doesn't. Because his bald patches are on the back of his leg, base of tail and back the vet is thinking he might have an infection through his anal glands Sorry which is nice. They need to squeeze those (sorry) for testing. He and a nurse tried today but he was wild! In fairness his infection must be causing a lot of pain and he'd already been poked and prodded a lot. Apparently (even before this) he has a "care" note on his record, meaning he's vicious and the vet is to take care. flounce I was most affronted. My Teddy bear is lovely actually.

So next weeks appointment will be fun. I think he might leave home and ask to go back to the sspca after that!!

Sorry for waffling! Back to weekends - it's actually nice here so I've got loads of washing out, managed to go for a walk and done a quick tesco shop. Home now and planning to veg with a book for a while.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 21/10/2017, 00:09