Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Is it too early for a weekend thread?

Post by Nina on 1/10/2015, 17:03

I vote no!

This week, although a mere three days, is killing me. cry

This weekend should be good though.

We're going to the cinema tomorrow night, to see The Martian.

Saturday daytime we are going shopping to get each other anniversary presents (cotton so we're getting new pajamas and then on Sunday evening we'll snuggle up with them on and watch a film. This was Mr Neener's idea heart pop)
    Saturday evening we're off to the Drum & Bass thing. Hopefully I will live to tell the tale. panic

Sunday we have no plans, except those involving anniversary pajamas. gerrin

Monday - we are both working, but it's our wedding anniversary so have a table booked for a nice meal in the evening. heart

Hope everyone has something good lined up! kiss
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Re: Is it too early for a weekend thread?

Post by smartiecat on 1/10/2015, 19:34

I can't believe you've (almost) been married a year already Nina! Congratulations heart

I am so thoroughly confused as to what day of the week it is at the moment so I can go with a weekend thread gerrin

Today, I travelled home after about 10 days at my parents (also with my sister, bil, nephew and niece from Oz). I am sad to be back unhappy and am in total denial about them going back to Oz next week panic . I'm quite glad to be having a quiet evening at home though, and am very much looking forward to a night in my own bed! Also looking forward to the cat coming home tomorrow, I am such a mad old cat lady but I've missed him Embarassed

Tomorrow I have some bits to do in town during the day, can't remember what they are but I have written them down somewhere!

Saturday, I'm getting my hair cut and sister and co are driving down to stay a last night at mine before I say goodbye to them on Sunday cry . No idea when I'll see them again so I just can't think about that.

My friend and I have just booked flights to Florence though Frolic so I will have a look at hotels at some point over the weekend. We're not going until end of April but it's nice to have something to look forward to smile
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 1/10/2015, 19:45

smartiecat wrote:I can't believe you've (almost) been married a year already Nina!  Congratulations heart

Two years actually. gerrin

Yay to seeing Teddy again, but boo to your family leaving, that must be difficult. Any chance you can go out and see them again soon?

xx
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 1/10/2015, 20:06

Nina wrote:Two years actually. gerrin

faint  I am losing all concept of time!!

Nina wrote: Any chance you can go out and see them again soon?

I hope so fingers crossed  Ideally I'd go later next year but I can't see that realistically happening so I'll hopefully go over in 2017.  There is talk of them maybe coming back but equally they may not. I can't bring myself to get my hopes up in case they don't so I am just ignoring all talk of it!
    adora
    The Explorer
    The Explorer

Post by adora on 2/10/2015, 12:06

Hope you have a happy anniversary Nina!

I'm seeing a friend tonight, not sure what the plans are, possibly just dinner at mine. Tomorrow day I'm going to go for a look round the shops and some lunch with another friend, and then in the evening I'm out with GC, I said I'd organise it but so far have done bugger all. Will book us a table somewhere.

Not sure on Sunday - cleaning, Fred walking - the usual.
    Dabbadoo
    Yabba
    Yabba

Post by Dabbadoo on 2/10/2015, 12:10

I have a long weekend - love it! Still lounging about my flat ignoring stuff to be done. Meeting my cousin for a couple of drinks tonight.

Tomorrow no plans, may end up going to visit a friend.

Sunday, packing to go stay at a friend's as I am cat sitting for 2 weeks. And that's about as exciting as it gets!
    Poggy
    Mrs Pete
    Mrs Pete

Post by Poggy on 2/10/2015, 14:07

It doesn't seem like 2 years Nina, but I know it is because of when Megan got together with Sam!
    Happy Anniversary and I love the idea of pyjama based activities!! wink

Smartie - I am glad you have had a lovely time with your family...it must be very hard to see them go again.

It is another gorgeous day here today and 18 degrees, and working in the office is not at all appealing so ...well, I haven't done it!!
    Instead I went into town to meet with a friend. She was an acquaintance at school but moved to the US about 30 years ago but in recent years we have been in touch on FB. She has split with her husband and moved back to the UK recently, but has no friend network, so I thought it would be nice for us to meet up. Well, we talked for 2 solid hours and then I eventually had to leave as Mark needed our car.
    It was so lovely and I am sure we will meet up again soon.

Megan is arriving at 2.30 so I will be picking her up, so I can't see a lot of work getting done today, at all! she is having dinner round at Sam's tonight but is not staying out late.

Tomorrow I *have* to do some work. Everyone else will be out at work, so that will give me time to concentrate! I also have to do housework and bathroom cleaning. Megan has asked for lasagna, so we are all going to spend the evening together watching films etc

On Sunday it is Canal Day in Banbury. The girls are both working at the café and Mark's sister, BIL, niece and her boyfriend, and Mark's mum and step dad are all coming over. We are doing lunch here and will then go down for a wander around the Canal Day stuff...picking the girls up when they have finished. I am not sure what is happening about dinner yet, but we will be driving Megan back to Oxford later on in the evening. She has a couple of big things to take back with her that she wouldn't be able to manage on her train and bus combination!

Pretty full on but fun weekend!

Have a good one everyone. xxx
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by smartiecat on 2/10/2015, 14:25

Ah, that's lovely that you will have Megan back for a weekend Pog. It's good that she's not that far away, hopefully you will see lots more of her than you feared at first smile

That's lovely of you to cat sit Dabs, I shall have to mention this to my friends and see if they fancy Teddy-sitting for me sometime wink
    Stru
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Stru on 2/10/2015, 14:43

Happy anniversary Nina!

I am busy busy busy and I’m starting to get a bit knackered, work is so mental right now!

Tonight – family meal for my dad and sisters’ birthdays – this should be good fun and chance to let hair down
    Saturday – working – am directing a photoshoot for the new magazine I am launching
    Saturday night – going to a friend’s 30th birthday party
    Sunday – having a big lie in and seeing my friend JKP

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 17/12/2017, 13:38