The Lounge

Navigation

Fear the Walking Dead

Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Fear the Walking Dead

Post by Nina on 1/10/2015, 07:56

I know we had some Walking Dead fans here, but is anyone watching the new spin off?
    Poggy
    Mrs Pete
    Mrs Pete

Re: Fear the Walking Dead

Post by Poggy on 1/10/2015, 09:32

Mr Pogs and youngest Miss Pogs are watching it, but they haven't got really into it.

They have watched some, but are kind of a bit 'meh' about the characters.
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 1/10/2015, 09:50

I am with them there - the characters are (almost) universally annoying, unfortunately. There are a couple of redeeming ones though.

That said, I am persevering with it as I absolutely love anything apocalyptic, particularly relating to how things kick off and society falls apart, plus the sense of tension and foreboding is, IMO, really well done. Although I know there have been complaints that it's 'slow' but I don't agree really, it's building up to something and the suspense is goooood!
    Edie
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Edie on 1/10/2015, 11:55

I really wanted to watch this to see how things kicked off too - so far (2 episodes behind) I am actually really like it. It had to be a slow build up really but agree that some of the characters are quite lame. Saying that, there are always ones you wanted to get got lol

I'm particularly meh about Cliff Curtis, used to see him in a lot of stuff on NZ telly (including Shortland Street) and know he can pull it off better than he is.

Would have been nice to have seen some of the Walking Dead characters appear living normal lives, particularly Rick and Darryl.

Will stick with it for now, think we are planning on catching up tonight smile
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 1/10/2015, 12:52

Oh yes Travis (Cliff) is the most annoying. I have a theory that he will die and his wife (Kim Dickens) will be completely kick ass (like the equivalent of Rick's character in TWD eventually). Probably totally wrong, but I think she has the most potential to be an awesome character.

I don't understand why the characterisation is so poor/annoying. Unless they are setting them all up to change and 'come into their own' as a result of the unfolding zombie events...
    Kango
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Kango on 2/10/2015, 21:59

We are watching it. Im really enjoying watching it from a different perspective than the usual zombiefest but I havent warmed to the main family of characters either.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 17/12/2017, 13:38