The Lounge

Navigation

Hump day

smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Hump day

Post by smartiecat on 30/9/2015, 10:30

Nearly half way through the week gerrin Which actually isn't brilliant for me as I'm on holiday and want to stretch this week out!

Today will involve a jaunt to John O'Groats - think we'll be having lunch there (we is me, mum, sister, bil, nephew and niece). I will no doubt fritter some money away on tat whilst there, I have been doing a fabulous job of that this holiday gerrin Yesterday's purchase were some winter gloves Snowman lol and a framed photo of a highland coo with it's tongue out heart pop

What is everyone else up to today?
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Re: Hump day

Post by Nina on 30/9/2015, 11:36

I love Highland Cows! heart pop

Sounds like you've been having a lovely time Smartie, well deserved too.

Today is technically my Monday, so middle of tomorrow is my hump. I am suffering today, trying to be gentle to myself and not get too heavily stuck into work! lol
    Dollyrocker
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Dollyrocker on 30/9/2015, 12:48

I went to the shoe exhibition at the V&A yesterday afternoon, it was really good, I recommend it.

Today is a bit of a let down in comparison but I am looking forward to my haiircut on Sunday loser It's been way too long

I might start another fred about that....
    Fluff
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Fluff on 30/9/2015, 12:53

I got a new phone yesterday so I have been tinkering galore!! I should actually be doing some work but the problem with being one's own boss is that there's no one to shout at me to put the bloody phone down.
    Edie
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Edie on 30/9/2015, 13:48

A is asleep and I am catching up "on housework" gerrin
    Jellybabes
    Jellylicious
    Jellylicious

Post by Jellybabes on 30/9/2015, 15:10

Dollyrocker wrote:I went to the shoe exhibition at the V&A yesterday afternoon, it was really good, I recommend it.

Oooh, I really want to see that, but I worry it will only encourage me to buy more shoes! lol

Weekend can't come too soon for me! I shall spend it relaxing and doing nothing after the stress of the last couple of weeks. Thankfully both my mother and grandma seem to be getting (slowly) better fingers crossed so I might even get to spend some time in my own flat.

My brain is not in my work today Sleep
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 30/9/2015, 16:10

Fluff wrote:I got a new phone yesterday so I have been tinkering galore!! I should actually be doing some work but the problem with being one's own boss is that there's no one to shout at me to put the bloody phone down.

Fluff... PUT THE BLOODY PHONE DOWN!!!

Jellybabes wrote:
    Weekend can't come too soon for me! I shall spend it relaxing and doing nothing after the stress of the last couple of weeks. Thankfully both my mother and grandma seem to be getting (slowly) better fingers crossed so I might even get to spend some time in my own flat.

My brain is not in my work today Sleep

You've been through the ringer lately haven't you? Is your mum able to see again yet?
    Sorry I think I've missed what happened to your Grandma while I was away, I hope she makes a full recovery though. hug
    Fluff
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Fluff on 30/9/2015, 18:16

Bwahaha *replies from phone*
    Dr Kinkyboots
    pinkificated
    pinkificated

Post by Dr Kinkyboots on 30/9/2015, 18:33

ooh Fluff, what phone did you get? My PAC code expires on the 12th and i'm still not completely sure what i'm replacing it with.

Time is going very quickly for me right now...not because i'm enjoying myself wildly butmore because i've got so much to do, there never seems to be enough time to do it and i'm slightly bricking it, but my anxiety is containable for now gerrin

I attended some teaching today which was ace, really enjoyed it. got more teaching tomorrow followed by a study day with lots of meetings where I will hopefully present the mess that my work feels like it is and have my supervisors pick up all the pieces and put them back together again for me lol
    You gotta have a sense of humour...
    I am going to a friends house tomorrow with a couple of others fir dinner and a chat/gossip so I am really looking forward to that.
    Fluff
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Fluff on 30/9/2015, 18:36

I got a Samsung Galaxy S6 - I've had iPhones for years, but I was getting a bit fed with how restricted they are in terms of customisation, and also having to deal with that blasted iTunes. Plus some other minor niggles, so I decided to go for an Android phone. I love it so far!
    Dr Kinkyboots
    pinkificated
    pinkificated

Post by Dr Kinkyboots on 30/9/2015, 19:27

Aah, i've had Samsung Galaxys for a while but am thinking of getting a different Android phone.
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 30/9/2015, 21:30

Get a HTC Kinky. The M8 is beautiful.
    adora
    The Explorer
    The Explorer

Post by adora on 1/10/2015, 00:24

I've had a surprisingly nice Wednesday.

Did some supply at a school I worked at last year, nice catching up with everyone. Then GC came round and we went for a walk, had a good chat and then a cuddle whilst watching bake off. Nowt exciting but all quite pleasant.
    Jellybabes
    Jellylicious
    Jellylicious

Post by Jellybabes on 1/10/2015, 14:42

adora wrote:I've had a surprisingly nice Wednesday.

Did some supply at a school I worked at last year, nice catching up with everyone. Then GC came round and we went for a walk, had a good chat and then a cuddle whilst watching bake off. Nowt exciting but all quite pleasant.

Sounds lovely Ads gerrin

Things are finally calming down (I hope!) for me. My mum's sight is slowly coming back in the eye she had surgery on. It will be at least another couple of weeks until she is able to go out and about as normal though.
    My grandma has a problem with her heart valve and will need either a pacemaker or surgery to replace the valve. Not the greatest of news but at least they know what it is now and it's treatable. Also she is getting loads of help and support from the hospital and social care who are fantastic.

I'm quite sadly looking forward to getting back to my flat and putting together the furniture I bought a couple of weeks ago that's still sitting in the boxes!

Glad you're loving your new phone Fluff. I just can't get on with android phones, I find them really counter intuitive, so I'd be interested to know how you get on. ITunes is the work of the devil and I would love to get rid!!
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 1/10/2015, 16:57

Jelly, I am glad your mum is recovering. Sorry to hear about your heart, but it's amazing what modern medicine can do. My Grandad had a pacemaker fitted and he was up and about in no time. hug
    Jellybabes
    Jellylicious
    Jellylicious

Post by Jellybabes on 1/10/2015, 17:00

Nina wrote:Jelly, I am glad your mum is recovering. Sorry to hear about your heart, but it's amazing what modern medicine can do. My Grandad had a pacemaker fitted and he was up and about in no time. hug

It's my Grandma Nina, not me wink

Thanks though!
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 1/10/2015, 17:05

Jellybabes wrote:
    Nina wrote:Jelly, I am glad your mum is recovering. Sorry to hear about your heart, but it's amazing what modern medicine can do. My Grandad had a pacemaker fitted and he was up and about in no time. hug

It's my Grandma Nina, not me wink

Thanks though!

D'oh - missed a rather important word out of that sentence, sorry!

I hope your Grandma gets treated quickly!
    Dr Kinkyboots
    pinkificated
    pinkificated

Post by Dr Kinkyboots on 1/10/2015, 17:52

thanks for the tip Nina. I'll take a look at it!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 21/10/2017, 00:08