The Lounge

Navigation

What does one wear to a drum & bass evening?

Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

What does one wear to a drum & bass evening?

Post by Nina on 29/9/2015, 22:41

I am going to one soon. Not the kind of thing I have been to, ever, and I feel too old. I won't know many people there (OH is coming with me). What the hells bells do I wear? I haven't even been clubbing for years now, I feel so out of touch! cool

Eta: changed typo in title, it's 'bass' of course, not 'base'. Oh dear. Embarassed
    smartiecat
    Lounger
    Lounger

Re: What does one wear to a drum & bass evening?

Post by smartiecat on 30/9/2015, 08:26

Sorry Nina, I have no idea living in hicksville and never going to clubs anymore old Sorry that's completely unhelpful! gerrin
    Dollyrocker
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Dollyrocker on 30/9/2015, 09:28

Um..clubwear I guess so a tight dress or skinnys and a sparkly top with heels? Something like that
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 30/9/2015, 10:27

That is what I was thinking Dolly; I haven't been clubbing in a long time now (and last time I did I felt too old to be there!), I'm going to feel like a right plum.

Smartie, you've got the right idea!!!
    Poggy
    Mrs Pete
    Mrs Pete

Post by Poggy on 30/9/2015, 11:22

Hahahaha!
    I haven't even got a clue what drum and bass is, so I am absolutely NO use whatsoever!

It just made me chuckle (and glad!) that you used the wrong 'bass' spelling - not that I would ever have spotted that either!
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 30/9/2015, 11:39

I can already tell I am going to feel utterly ridiculous. Especially as I won't be drinking!

I do have a wardrobe full of slinky dresses, none of which have seen the light of day in sometime now, but I know I am going to fell really daft dressed up like that after so long.

flounce flounce flounce
    Palma
    Trubshaw
    Trubshaw

Post by Palma on 30/9/2015, 16:58

I believe drum and bass events are usually dress-down - jeans, tee-shirt, trainers. Think rock-chick.

Dollyrocker
    Lounger
    Lounger

Post by Dollyrocker on 30/9/2015, 17:04

Try googling pics, it's sort of slutty Rhianna type teenager style for the girls and chav for the boys!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=drum+and+bass+event&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAmoVChMI_or81JCfyAIVgToUCh0lUQVp&biw=1906&bih=441#imgdii=1Qdvv-5jU4cGXM%3A%3B1Qdvv-5jU4cGXM%3A%3BsLuV82UepeHktM%3A&imgrc=1Qdvv-5jU4cGXM%3A

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=drum+and+bass+event&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAmoVChMI_or81JCfyAIVgToUCh0lUQVp&biw=1906&bih=441#tbm=isch&q=drum+and+bass+outfit&imgrc=2YaM3GvNy4b0EM%3A

eek

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=drum+and+bass+event&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAmoVChMI_or81JCfyAIVgToUCh0lUQVp&biw=1906&bih=441#tbm=isch&q=drum+and+bass+club&imgrc=89cEefO3prujoM%3A
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 30/9/2015, 17:39

Palma wrote:I believe drum and bass events are usually dress-down - jeans, tee-shirt, trainers. Think rock-chick.

Ooh, that I would probably feel more comfortable with! gerrin great

Dollyrocker wrote:Try googling pics, it's sort of slutty Rhianna type teenager style for the girls and chav for the boys!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=drum+and+bass+event&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAmoVChMI_or81JCfyAIVgToUCh0lUQVp&biw=1906&bih=441#imgdii=1Qdvv-5jU4cGXM%3A%3B1Qdvv-5jU4cGXM%3A%3BsLuV82UepeHktM%3A&imgrc=1Qdvv-5jU4cGXM%3A

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=drum+and+bass+event&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAmoVChMI_or81JCfyAIVgToUCh0lUQVp&biw=1906&bih=441#tbm=isch&q=drum+and+bass+outfit&imgrc=2YaM3GvNy4b0EM%3A

eek

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=drum+and+bass+event&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAmoVChMI_or81JCfyAIVgToUCh0lUQVp&biw=1906&bih=441#tbm=isch&q=drum+and+bass+club&imgrc=89cEefO3prujoM%3A

Some of these definitely less comfortable with, thanks Dolly! lol

Either way my usual whimsical dress style of pretty dresses and cardigans I think won't cut the mustard. shake head
    Jellybabes
    Jellylicious
    Jellylicious

Post by Jellybabes on 5/10/2015, 13:34

What did you wear in the end Neens? Hope you managed to have a good time!
    Nina
    Post Whore In Da House
    Post Whore In Da House

Post by Nina on 5/10/2015, 23:06

I wore a pretty summer dress and a cardigan! lol Looked very out of place against all the dreadlocks, etc. but I decided just to wear 'me' clothes and to hell with trying to fit in. It was quite an eclectic crowd so no one really cared what everyone else was wearing TBH.

We only stayed for an hour or so, but we were really going to support Mr Neener's cousin, who's partner died (the event was a charity gig in their memory). xx

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 21/10/2017, 00:10